Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well I got a doe tonight. That Honda Civic sure did a number on her. Came out of no where, was doing 10 under the limit being as vigilant as always. Luckily it happened right in front of my bosses house as I'm on my way to work. So I had the perfect excuse to be a few mins late tonight. Car still runs and drives but its down a headlight and some stuff is hanging all over so I had my wife come pick me up and give me a lift to work. Will have to drop it off at the body shop tomorrow and see how much damage is really there. Not the way I wanted to bag my first doe this fall

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Well got a doe today. Haven't had a working computer in a year or more but now that I do, I'm back on the forum. I hunted this morning with my bow and did a little spot and stalk, came up on a doe and her fawn. (which I had the opportunity to shoot last night also) I couldn't get myself to shoot the doe considering the fawn was still seemed clingy and young. So after work today I headed out to a different spot. I may or may not have skipped my English college course after work. I got in my tree around 4:15 and by 4:45 I had arrowed this nice big doe. I had to work fast due to the heat and rain but she's quartered and in the fridge now. 

IMG_7803.JPG-4.jpeg

• Like 28

Lol it's accurate out passed that ...it's not the bow it's the shooter and I don't buy used bows never have ..I like warranty's in case something breaks 

Even more reason to go with Elite. Fully transferable unconditional warranty for LIFE

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 hours ago, silent death said:

Lol it's accurate out passed that ...it's not the bow it's the shooter and I don't buy used bows never have ..I like warranty's in case something breaks 

i'm just the opposite, i never buy new bows. I can get 2 used ones for the price of a new lol. 

• Like 2

Adk that stinks about your car

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Ya it's not something any of us like having happen but o well what can ya do. This is exactly why I like driving my truck with the big bad deer slayer front bumper it's got. I've whacked many deer with that truck and it doesn't matter. This Honda folded up like a piece of paper at 47ish mph. I can only imagine what a high speed wreck would look like in this thing
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Thanks. Ya it's not something any of us like having happen but o well what can ya do. This is exactly why I like driving my truck with the big bad deer slayer front bumper it's got. I've whacked many deer with that truck and it doesn't matter. This Honda folded up like a piece of paper at 47ish mph. I can only imagine what a high speed wreck would look like in this thing

I’d like to see the truck bumper. Any pics?

Well got a doe today. Haven't had a working computer in a year or more but now that I do, I'm back on the forum. I hunted this morning with my bow and did a little spot and stalk, came up on a doe and her fawn. (which I had the opportunity to shoot last night also) I couldn't get myself to shoot the doe considering the fawn was still seemed clingy and young. So after work today I headed out to a different spot. I may or may not have skipped my English college course after work. I got in my tree around 4:15 and by 4:45 I had arrowed this nice big doe. I had to work fast due to the heat and rain but she's quartered and in the fridge now. 
IMG_7803.JPG-4.thumb.jpeg.a19fbe3a908a16998195f3680eb92c73.jpeg
Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’d like to see the truck bumper. Any pics?

f181370d81a4074e6fd3885e061ade1d.jpg
d4680078040b1232d457e15b03fae446.jpg

Made by Ranch Hand in Texas. I've got 12 deer kills with it and destroyed a metal guard rail parking barrier at the hospital when I raced there when my newborn was choking on vitamin D liquid we were giving him. He was turning blue so I raced down the mountain to the hospital and didn't come to a full stop fast enough before blasting through the guard rail, chipped some paint off the bumper but that's it.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

f181370d81a4074e6fd3885e061ade1d.jpg
d4680078040b1232d457e15b03fae446.jpg

Made by Ranch Hand in Texas. I've got 12 deer kills with it and destroyed a metal guard rail parking barrier at the hospital when I raced there when my newborn was choking on vitamin D liquid we were giving him. He was turning blue so I raced down the mountain to the hospital and didn't come to a full stop fast enough before blasting through the guard rail, chipped some paint off the bumper but that's it.

Was it something other then just choking? I'm always worried my little guy is gonna choke, we both took the cpr/first aid class ,almost had to use a few times now ,especially since he started feeding himself.

• Like 1

Was it something other then just choking? I'm always worried my little guy is gonna choke, we both took the cpr/first aid class ,almost had to use a few times now ,especially since he started feeding himself.

Well we were giving him the vitamin D through a dropper like the doctors showed us but he took a big deep breath right as my wife squeezed the dropper bulb and he sucked in a big shot of that vitamin D stuff. The vitamin stuff was kinda thick almost like maple syrup so it got caught in his little lungs and he was having problems breathing. I was sound asleep middle of the day and my wife woke me up screaming bloody murder that she thinks our son is dying. I have my CPR and first aid courses so I tried doing a few things to free his airway but didn't have much luck. That's when we jumped in the truck and I hauled ass passing everyone and their mother to get to the hospital. Kids can scare the hell out of you in no time
  • Like 3

Woah... glad your boy's well and fine, adk... I can only imagine the scare.

----

Wish I was out in the woods on what feels to be a perfect deer day, but co-worker screwed me over, and I'll be playing desk jockey today instead. Maybe tomorrow morning...

Good luck! Looking forward to some harvest posts!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 1