Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

8 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Thanks! She's in the truck, I'm going to skin her, my buddy tans hides so I'll take it to him later today. I don't pass up Coyotes, ever. I keep and bleach the skulls also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nice. I'm sure you could find a YouTube video on skinning it. You can buy a wire stretcher to dry it. Can freeze hide all rolled up tight and in garbage bag until you score a stretcher. You'll want to stretch fur side in for about 12 hours tops. Then turn it fur side out to complete drying process. If you wait more than 12 hours to turn you won't be able too. Windex and paper towels will take the blood out. Look up tail stripper to help debone the tail. Easy make with a small piece of wood , drill 

• Like 2

Start an incision on the inside of the legs run that into an incision  that goes up to the neck then caper it like you would a deer.  Make the leg cuts just above the ankle and if you use a sharp knife you can usually get most of the paws off too.
Don't cape furbearers...
around the all 4 ankles
Inside of back leg to anus bot sides
Strip tail
Pull down carefully around midsection with little knife work
Get to front legs and poke thru armpits and pull legs thru.
On head pull tight feel for ears cut behind them find eyes cut thru them
Nose and mouth just pill and knife till off...

I'd be more than happy to help anyone who's close enough I'm no pro by any means but I get the job done and looks good when done...lots of good YouTube vids out there as TF said

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

Thanks! She's in the truck, I'm going to skin her, my buddy tans hides so I'll take it to him later today. I don't pass up Coyotes, ever. I keep and bleach the skulls also.

If you send me an IM, I'll give you my cell...I would be happy to talk you through skinning the coyote. Also, don't use bleach to whiten the skull...use peroxide.  The bleach will make the bone very brittle.  I can talk you though properly whitening the skull too.

Nice shot! 

• Like 3

If you send me an IM, I'll give you my cell...I would be happy to talk you through skinning the coyote. Also, don't use bleach to whiten the skull...use peroxide.  The bleach will make the bone very brittle.  I can talk you though properly whitening the skull too.
Nice shot! 
I've skinned out several coyotes in the past as well as hundreds of other critters but I appreciate everyone's input! I'm by no means an expert so I'm always looking for tips and tricks, I didn't mean actual bleach I was just referring to whitening the skull, I probably shouldn't use that term! Here's 2 I had done last year, I still have 2 in the freezer from last year to take him also. 72eba507434b209bbd409ab8517bf91c.jpg

• Like 3

Went out this morning..at 8 had a high tight racked 8 point stroll by at 22 yrds...across the line on neighbors...the cutting fence worked because he passed me then went to a licking branch and scrape worked it and immediately  went through the fence to our side and walked past 2 stands and a blind. 21/2 year old by looks of mass and body wanted nothing to do with the grunt tube...

• Like 3

8 point stroll by at 22 yrds...across the line on neighbors.

Could have shot him all day long, him and many others over the years..but I won't shoot a deer on the neighbors property...I can get permission to track ,need be, but I won't ask to hunt...Only one property have I had permission to do that...then he leased it, so that's no more...Never has bothered me and I have let a few brutes walk by willing them to cross and they haven't.  Just part of the game when hunting close to borders.

PS also note this:

the cutting fence worked because he passed me then went to a licking branch and scrape worked it and immediately  went through the fence to our side

One dble drop couldn't jump the fence and one beautify dark chocolate 8 didn't want to (25 yrds) ...so I opened the fence in 2 spots this year just for bow season:wink:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I am headed out with my climber in an hour or so,i think i have a good idea of where to sit for the east wind. I will sit on the west side of a ridge that runs north to south,just below a dip in the ridge. Always wanted to give that spot more attention,but generally the wind is wrong. It is on the way to a bunch of Apple trees when the deer come out of rhe deep woods. We shall see what i see,haha.

Edited by BowmanMike
spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks guys , but no biggy half the fun is seeing if I can will them across...lol I have one and that was the first year hunting Rivers blind...It took for what seemed forever and I was watching the time, he showed before my timer buzzed for the opener of day......he walked out and hung in his lane way, went to the fence a couple of times and finally jumped about 10 mins into season.. but the second his feet hit the ground he was out of my lane way and in the woods...I had to re adjust windows(gun season) and find him again for the shot....72 yards but  he fell behind the blind wht belly showing...not huge but first out of that new blind..

2015 gun8pt.JPG

• Like 8

Because it is how that lane way is split and the best spot for me to have Rivers blind in the woods, but also where the lane way is visible the full length in either direction. I use to have all my stands way up on the property facing the nieghbor 100yrds...and what his nephew would do is have his friends set up directly in front of me...all along the line... Keeping me from having safe shots on my land...So I lined stands up along the line facing my property and I can now legally and safely shoot anywhere on my property... Which is actually best for all concerned...though the nephew didn't think so...so I then put the fence up as well.

2015 blind left view.JPG

blind rt veiw.JPG

2015 done!!.JPG

Edited by growalot

I made it up a tree as well,later than i hoped but hey. Climbed up,got all set and realized i didn't tie the bow on my line. Smart move,ugh.

But like the savvy fisherman i am,i tied an extra screw in hook to my line and snagged the bow! Yessss

I just hope i didnt use all my luck on that move....

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

First chance to get out since Sunday. In the swamp stand on my private lot, good luck everyone.c23cb7e1bad174baa1038ec35add0416.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Any bass in there? Could throw some frog lures waiting for deer

• Like 1