Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Wife was in a meeting today and got talking to the lady sitting next to her. Long story short...I have 100 acres to hunt in 6a now. Currently sitting on the edge of a secluded field watching 6 does and two bucks on the other side of the field. Gotta love the wife!!!!

IMG_0510.JPG

Edited by Wheels0802
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

2a7fd3a8e65bf31850f5eee597842165.jpg
6cbf86114360ae4512b8b33be6fe44ed.jpg

Napped for 3 hours and I'm up in a tree before work. Spent most the day dropping car off at body shop and picking up a rental. But the weather is nice and temps are dropping up here on the hill so I needed to sit in the woods. Let's see what comes out for a snack tonight.

Strap one to the roof of that rental 

• Like 4

Great sit, first Yearling doe and tiny fawn..doe all nervous and finally took off..broad side 23 yards for a long time. She was just too young and fawn too tiny. 5 mins before close I decided to lower my bow and pack up. I leaned the bow against ladder and looked up there is a hog doe and twins charging out of the pines through the oats to within 20 yards of me and immediately started eating broad side to me, lesson learned.. Then comes a yealing doe charging in,and she was all spooked up at something in every direction...I had a perfect steady breeze from them straight to me...finally she leads all of them back through the pines to the road. She got to 15 yrds..again bow on the ground.. I do wonder why they were spooked up in that field. I haven't hunted it until today.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

sat here last night.  Had a huge doe come out about 60 yards down this lane and then the landowner came out and was moving some horse trailers around and she dint like it and went back into woods.  Cant be mad its his land but I was tasting the backstraps , she was gonna walk right to me! 

Stota - roadkill stand.jpg

• Like 2

I would give my left nut the be out there right now.

Thank goodness it's gonna be warm again this weekend, am I right fellas?

Seriously next Monday looks like a consistent stretch hopefully it will knock leaves down and turn things on.

Good luck this morning best since the opener.

Edited by OtiscoPaul