Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Hmmmm alarm was set...it is working...yet I over slept into Mr B' s getting ready for work time.... I must have turned it off though I do not remember...Which is Ok The wind has been howling here.I really dislike high winds,more than rain...maybe I'll mow today..Mr B is mowing camp this weekend...

EDIT..I Do love these winds for leaf dropping...good heavy winds and then I can do first leaf blowing...got lost the other morning and that's with a light! Most my trails are just foot path in width,when covered looks like any other part of the woods...because they meander and aren't straight...trees are like any other  trees in the dark with a flash light...Lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Just checking in with everyone. Been in the woods everyday for at least a morning or evening sit. I have yet to see a deer. I really wish my neighbor would cut his 100+ acres of corn!

On a more important note. I had a chance to review the tapatalk app. I gave it a low score and immediately received an email from them asking for more detailed information. 

I detailed the mishaps of the iPhone users after the last iOS update. I hope they can get involved so I can start using the app again. It’s sooo much easier. BTW I had a great sit yesterday. Didn’t see anything, but look at the view!

9A08F4DF-FE6A-4074-8AB8-8CD688665A3E.jpeg

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Nice morning. In 45 minutes before light. Good wind.

Nothing, nada zilch. Been extra alert and careful too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know the feeling but still tons of leaves up in my area does a number on sightings.

I have been hearing action in the pines and catching whiffs of tarsal nearly every sit tho.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

1 hour ago, Rebel Darling said:

cb151a2de19bf5b4873c03421061e46e.jpg

Last year's doe stand produces again.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Congratulations!!  Way to go buddy!  Beautiful, plump, mature doe.  What time are ya cooking up the fresh backstrap cutlets???  .....................grin.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Switched it up and carried the old man's Xbow. Less than 3yd shot on the ground 10yd tracking job. Weighed 15lbs. 9a5a8becf8a89c4a3cfe380c399531ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job, congratulations!!  Beautiful fall gobbler!  

On 10/4/2017 at 11:28 AM, Rebel Darling said:

Re: my buddy's double doe picture -

That about as live from the woods as one can get. After dragging out both deer by himself, he was tired and had a drive back to Rutland, VT ahead of him. He had to load both deer into his hatchback by himself... His name is Alex, not Ansel, and I'm happy for him. He is a hunter for life, and has incredible respect for his pursuit. I'll give him a pass on his photo skills because he was simply texting me, and I shared it. So, the photo is on me. That's my responsibility.

For further reference, I didn't post the photo on Facebook, because I think it too graphic a photo for the general, likely majority non-hunter audience there. On the Live From the Woods thread, on the other hand...

I apologize to those I offended by sharing my friend's harvest. It was a proud moment for him, and for me as his friend.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Who's hunting today?!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Don't apologize it wasn't distasteful for the photos were no worse than one would see on the side of the road hit by a car. Actually I would say they were less graphic.

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Congratulations!!  Way to go buddy!  Beautiful, plump, mature doe.  What time are ya cooking up the fresh backstrap cutlets???  .....................grin.

2 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Am I the only one who does the tenderloins first?

We'll be pan searing some heart tonight!

• Like 2

[mention=4789]Buckmaster7600[/mention] Nice Tom and nice Exacalibur! Love their recurve xbows. I have the Vortex (2011) and my Dad has the Axiom I think?

I'm glad someone likes them, if it wasn't my dads I would have put it in the garbage the minute it became mine. Way too long way too heavy and way way too slow. It was cool killings critter with it and the same bolt that he killed his big 12pt in Ohio but it is the last time I will tote it to the woods.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Interested in a used kodabow?

Nope.

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I'm glad someone likes them, if it wasn't my dads I would have put it in the garbage the minute it became mine. Way too long way too heavy and way way too slow. It was cool killings critter with it and the same bolt that he killed his big 12pt in Ohio but it is the last time I will tote it to the woods.

I'm fine with 300fps, heck my compound is like 240fps. I like the recurve and being able to swap out strings whenever I want.