Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

cb151a2de19bf5b4873c03421061e46e.jpg

Last year's doe stand produces again.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Congrats Rebel Darling! Nice doe.

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Switched it up and carried the old man's Xbow. Less than 3yd shot on the ground 10yd tracking job. Weighed 15lbs. 9a5a8becf8a89c4a3cfe380c399531ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Buckmaster7600.

• Like 2

Was in and set up just after 6AM. Saw three deer pass by at maybe 20-25 yards shortly there after. I couldn't make out any racks, they were just dark silhouettes passing by. The only other thing I heard was something crashing through the woods around 9. But, I think I did figure something out about a edgy doe from last weekend. Saw nothing more the rest of the sit. Longest sit this season, paying for it.

Was set up between crp field and swamp.  First ever sit in this stand.  Just had 5 doe pop out of swamp in front of me and begin working towards me feeding.   One got to about 35 and spooked.  Then they all spook and I could figure it out UNTIL I look across crp field and a couple walked into it to take wedding photos.  Literally 100yds from me. About 60yds on other side of deer.   The couple must like the old fence.  Lol.  What can you do but laugh.  I just let it go.  They are still there.  I am heading home.  I hope they have a great marriage.   Worth a ruined hunt.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Was set up between crp field and swamp.  First ever sit in this stand.  Just had 5 doe pop out of swamp in front of me and begin working towards me feeding.   One got to about 35 and spooked.  Then they all spook and I could figure it out UNTIL I look across crp field and a couple walked into it to take wedding photos.  Literally 100yds from me. About 60yds on other side of deer.   The couple must like the old fence.  Lol.  What can you do but laugh.  I just let it go.  They are still there.  I am heading home.  I hope they have a great marriage.   Worth a ruined hunt.  

No pics? Was she hot? Did you hit the grunt?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2017 at 9:28 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Its that time of the year again! This is our 8th year for doing this thread and its always a lot of fun! Post in this thread using your smart phone (or other device you can get to the internet with) from your stand / woods with your thoughts, current conditions, pictures, sightings, etc.  Don't forget, the site is accessible via your mobile device and there is even an app - Tapatalk enabled!    Lets see those pics!

What's the app thanks 

Saw 5 doe tonight. 2 were 40 yards behind me...the same mama (the one I whiffed on from 6 yards) and 2 fawns were back-came up yet another wrong trail offering no shot. Had turkey chirping a bit and ran into a red fox on the wall out. Definitely on their feet tonight (preparing to sleep through a weekend of rain and 80 degree temps!) Have at 'em chef and biz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1