Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I do! The thing is so reliable, though.

I would seek help from a professional after the season, don't bother them now you're tagged out and they're busy. You have an issue somewhere and it's not the broadhead or too light of arrow. Something is out of wack.

I agree that whisker biscuits can hide some tune issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight is an emotional sit. I'm in my fathers favorite stand, the stand I killed my first deer from. It was his stand and after I killed my first one I never asked him to hunt it again because it is a great spot but very very close to beading area and easy to mess up.

It's been over 15 years since I have been in this stand last. I can't count how many times I have helped dad drag deer that he shot out of it.

He's been gone almost a year now and it hasn't gotten any easier.

• Like 24
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Tonight is an emotional sit. I'm in my fathers favorite stand, the stand I killed my first deer from. It was his stand and after I killed my first one I never asked him to hunt it again because it is a great spot but very very close to beading area and easy to mess up.

It's been over 15 years since I have been in this stand last. I can't count how many times I have helped dad drag deer that he shot out of it.

Good luck to ya, @Buckmaster7600.

• Like 1

Im sure that weighs very heavy on your heart, gotta give you alot of credit for sitting in that stand. Im positive hes smiling down on you. Hang in there, my prayers for strength are sent.

• Like 3

I'm sure your Dad is with you there in spirit.  I said a quick prayer asking that you'd be blessed with a successful hunt. 

Of course, you'd be on your own for the drag. ;)

• Like 2

Good luck Buckmaster I'm sure your dad is all smiles looking down at you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Enjoy the time in Dads stand! He would want that above all. Just look to your left, he's right there with ya my friend. You were always his right hand man. Thinking of you. While you think of him. Good luck out there.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Year 17 for me and it still SUCKS. I love being in the woods on 11/2, the day he passed. Take care and have a great season

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

45 degrees nice, sitting my left edge stand close to the house and not intrusive. Good for short evening sits.

One chunky rabbit so far

b693cf3b568afa45cb9dcd168b0fd9a2.jpg

Its funny in 24 (I think) years of hunting ive seen exactly one rabbit from the stand, and I remember it vivdly lol 

• Like 3

Had a spike and a doe come in. She was bigger than him and walked right under me so I was sure it was a she. Turned broadside at 30 yards. She went 30 yards and fell over.
93f47450895c1883f1c42b13c6c54cd0.jpg&key=8e5de39efa34a148bb90c8ac1075cd4bc748376a94b3b547d9b7a9ce4c689483

Nice shot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Waited and waited and their regular time for showing up..then it was close...walk back home and on the drive I see a bunch of deer standing under a crab apple next to the road where I cross over to the house drive...lol figures. I honestly think they are bedding . Up on the neighbors ,which is higher than us and watching me come in.

• Like 2

Well, I had a little action on my neighbors property this evening. I rattled in a couple of deer. One was a Doe, who was alert and knew something was going on. The other, given her behavior, was a Buck I suspect, but given how thick the locale was I never got a look at it. The Doe was right under me, but behind in the thick stuff. I literally couldn't move for 15 minutes, hoping she would enter the clearing in front of me and bring the boy along. No such luck. They slipped back into the dense swamp area. Neighbors dog was running wild too which probably didn't help. 

Edited by Papist

Sat from 3:30-dark in 3s. Had a flock of turkey come through around 5:00. Last Friday my buddy was in the same area and had the same flock come through followed by a doe that heads up the mountain out of his range which is now exactly where i posted tonight. About 5:45 I catch movement to my right and behind me- 3 does head up the mountain but took the wrong trail for my purposes. I zig...they zag! Nice sit though regardless.

Second pass of the day...
That a$$hole red squirrel was napping In his treehole 10 yards str8 ahead of me I drew and held it on him forever but $40 arrow & BH sticking there for the rest of my days hunting here would have annoyed me.

Come on now, three things every one should have: a burner phone, a throwaway piece, and a squirrel arrow b34f49c5bb6440e289b5420ea61c96ed.jpg
  • Like 5