Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Just getting ready to head out of woods after got off phone my cousin.look across field and theres a buck about 500 yards away.got back in stand and grunted him into 30 yards on outside of pines.wouldnt get any closer.couldnt get a clear shot.another 8pt with shorter tines.so far im liking this season!walked the area he came from and 3 more scrapes!

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I had a small racked buck take a 90 minute nap about 25 yards from me this morning.  He was straight north of me and for some reason the weatherman missed it here as it was perfectly out of the east, until that 91 minute mark. :)

He winded me and headed for the hills............It was a great morning.

No pic! Come on, I live vicariously through the pics guys post here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

PM me your phone number and I’ll send you a short video of him. 

Here is a couple lousy pics and they’ll probably me sideways. 

372DD7B2-C1D3-4379-82C6-26426F1245E4.thumb.jpeg.11b3703137e1bb121dc3774ee44e9352.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Couldn't just sit at home so drove to check cams (3). 8 day check. Doe and fawn and scrub buck. That be it. Hmmmm.  No rubs or scrapes to be found. 

I'm in the same boat but found 1 scrap almost walked right thru it. No rubs yet but have lots of old ones from previous years.

9 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

has to be a pileated woodpecker. The size of a raven?

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Pileated.  Let out some sounds like you'd hear in an original Tarzan movie ? 

Ya mean looking to  about as stealthy as a bull in a China shop. 

Checked cams after my morning hunt. Had 2 nice bucks and a dink tearing up my mock scrape. First time in 2 weeks! Also first decent buck on cam during daylight in 2+ weeks (5:30 pm last night).

Back in stand now. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I was going down to my property to hang a Trail Cam and one of the guys at work yesterday said if your going down there might just as well bring your bow .... you never know !  Well I'm not a true bow hunter , yes I have a compound bow and a crossbow ( just bought it last year for the heckuvit ) so I brought the compound bow . I decided to go sit in my ladder stand for about an hour and just relax , I put an arrow in and let it rest . About half an hour later I hear rustling to my left and its a small Doe . Well I've never shot anything with a bow so I decided to let one fly . Below is the results .... hunting 40 plus years and this is my first bow kill ! And this is in 4H where its tough as hell to get a DMP !

DurhamDoe.jpg

Edited by GreeneHunter
  • Like 33

4 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

So I was going down to my property to hang a Trail Cam and one of the guys at work yesterday said if your going down there might just as well bring your bow .... you never know !  Well I'm not a true bow hunter , yes I have a compound bow and a crossbow ( just bought it last year for the heckuvit ) so I brought the compound bow . I decided to go sit in my ladder stand for about an hour and just relax , I put an arrow in and let it rest . About half an hour later I hear rustling to my left and its a small Doe . Well I've never shot anything with a bow so I decided to let one fly . Below is the results .... hunting 40 plus years and this is my first bow kill ! And this is in 4H where its tough as hell to get a DMP !

DurhamDoe.jpg

wow,congrats man. Very nice shot too. There is only one problem I see,and that is you are hooked now,so make time for bowhunting!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Couldn't just sit at home so drove to check cams (3). 8 day check. Doe and fawn and scrub buck. That be it. Hmmmm.  No rubs or scrapes to be found. 

are there coyotes in the neighborhood??