Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

17 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

So I was going down to my property to hang a Trail Cam and one of the guys at work yesterday said if your going down there might just as well bring your bow .... you never know !  Well I'm not a true bow hunter , yes I have a compound bow and a crossbow ( just bought it last year for the heckuvit ) so I brought the compound bow . I decided to go sit in my ladder stand for about an hour and just relax , I put an arrow in and let it rest . About half an hour later I hear rustling to my left and its a small Doe . Well I've never shot anything with a bow so I decided to let one fly . Below is the results .... hunting 40 plus years and this is my first bow kill ! And this is in 4H where its tough as hell to get a DMP !

DurhamDoe.jpg

Congratulations!!!  Nothing like doing it the first time!  Um...you know, with the bow. Great shot too. Way to get it done. Especially in 4-H!  If I want a doe this year it will have to come with the bow, as I did not draw a 4-H DMP.

• Like 4

Congratulations Greenehunter and nice shot, I to have been hunting along time with a gun but got my first Bowkill this year. I didn't have that great of a shot though. I didn't see nothing tonight but by nephew who was sitting my swamp stand harvested a nice doe so all and all a great night.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I was going down to my property to hang a Trail Cam and one of the guys at work yesterday said if your going down there might just as well bring your bow .... you never know !  Well I'm not a true bow hunter , yes I have a compound bow and a crossbow ( just bought it last year for the heckuvit ) so I brought the compound bow . I decided to go sit in my ladder stand for about an hour and just relax , I put an arrow in and let it rest . About half an hour later I hear rustling to my left and its a small Doe . Well I've never shot anything with a bow so I decided to let one fly . Below is the results .... hunting 40 plus years and this is my first bow kill ! And this is in 4H where its tough as hell to get a DMP !

DurhamDoe.jpg.f6dd76fad96761e139b0459d2196484c.jpg
Nice shot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Surprised there wasn't a bunch of bucks dropped on here today. I didn't see nearly as many deer as I figured I would on my drive home from work this morning. Everything was frosty but the fields were empty.
I didn't make it out today. Wanted to, but I'm coming down with some kinda nasty chest cold or something. Figured I needed the sleep today. Woke up feeling even worse, back at work now on the edge of ODing on cold and flu meds from CVS. Headed for the doctor in the AM after work to get some strong meds. Need this gone by next Friday when I leave for Nebraska.

Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Surprised there wasn't a bunch of bucks dropped on here today. I didn't see nearly as many deer as I figured I would on my drive home from work this morning. Everything was frosty but the fields were empty.
I didn't make it out today. Wanted to, but I'm coming down with some kinda nasty chest cold or something. Figured I needed the sleep today. Woke up feeling even worse, back at work now on the edge of ODing on cold and flu meds from CVS. Headed for the doctor in the AM after work to get some strong meds. Need this gone by next Friday when I leave for Nebraska.

Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow morning!

Get this stuff. It rocks for colds etc:

https://www.amazon.com/Lypo-Spheric-Vitamin-Bioavailability-Professionally-Phospholipids/dp/B000CD9XGC/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1508290042&sr=8-3&keywords=lipospheric+vitamin+c

• Like 1

Managed a short sit from 4pm to sunset. Spooked one coming out. I decided to pull and replace one of the cameras I had over a scrap, only a 2 day soak so I wasn't expecting much. Had 4 doe around the hours of 10PM, 1AM, and 4AM. Still only moving around during the night. Pretty disappointing, thinking I'm going to wait another week before I get back into woods and the temps drop. I plan on moving a stand so I'll just do some property maintenance in the meantime. I'll just have to live vicariously through all your posts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Merlot said:

are there coyotes in the neighborhood??

In my area I hear them every night going nuts in our valley. I live in beaver dams, Chemung County. Planning on getting my trapping license this coming spring maybe I can put a hurting on the population in my area there are a bunch. I would love to have someone come and trap and a lot of people in the area would too.

Pulled cards...an old white faced doe staring at the cam...The day is obviously one off but that is me this morning going to get the card...No wiind...my bad..Oh well...I hear the corn choppers...they are getting closer...:wink:

PS...the bags under her eyes ...look worse than mine!...lol

10170049.JPG

10170054.JPG

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Found a pretty good area this morning little swap and creek leading to a bigger swap. There is an old trail crossing the creek. Saw some deer tracks and rasin piles. Got to warm so I left heading back there tomorrow. Going to hunt local this afternoon. 

Weight lifting and back exercises today. Gonna take it easy until the weather changes or cameras give some indication of daytime movement .

I might do 1 hour over one of the new scrapes this evening. The stand is close to the house. I never use it in favor of others but there is an annual scrape by it and last year I got some nice pics over it. 

Edited by Papist

Well as I sit here with bright maroon hands from processing beets...I'm thinking You cant miss what you don't see...but I sure hope no one else near me sees what I'm missing either!...lol

Good Luck guys...winter tires in the morning..why of course...perfect wind for a morning apple tree hunt.......I got lots of time, I got lots of time....hmmmmm:wink: