Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Good luck out there today guys. In my neck of the woods, things are starting to fire up. Between the drive home last night and heading to work this morning, I had 5 young bucks blast across the road in front of me. One of them this morning chased a doe right in front of me. Its still gonna be a bit before the big boys join in, but the little ones are always fun to watch. Ill have my butt in the stand tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 5

Could have used all this damn wind on the way in thru the dorito gauntlet this AM.
also maybe I should read my book more thoroughly fall turkey opens 21st here as well. Thanks fletch

I only know so well cause I keep seeing nice Toms and pull up the dates on my phone AP just to make sure lol. Cause starting tomorrow I'll not see one for a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Good luck out there today guys. In my neck of the woods, things are starting to fire up. Between the drive home last night and heading to work this morning, I had 5 young bucks blast across the road in front of me. One of them this morning chased a doe right in front of me. Its still gonna be a bit before the big boys join in, but the little ones are always fun to watch. Ill have my butt in the stand tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be out this afternoon , report of two large bucks chasing each other around a stones throw from my spot .

• Like 2

Tons of black squirrel around me

That was a hell of a ten minutes I was watching a piliated in the tree next to me and I catch movement from my left. See a nice rack coming in. I stand get ready and see it's the 6 I have been seeing on cam. Normally a shooter for me but I passed and might regret it later . Honestly just don't wanna burn my tag yet 

Edited by BigVal
  • Like 4

Finally made it up north for the first time all season and have had the greatest hunt of my life. For over an hour I had 3 bull moose 100yds below me in an all out brawl. Could only see glimpses because of the leaves but the sounds alone were unbelievable. They're "grunts" literally shake the ground this close. Brother got the big boy that we had in cam last night. Don't have service enough to get the pics but when I do I'll post them.

• Like 17

Picking up my 13 year old grandson after work tonight. This time tomorrow, I'm hoping we will be dragging out his first deer! We will hang out tonight, shoot our bows, get his camo and pack ready, and get up at 4 for breakfast! Then head to the best spot I have on two properties. If the deer are moving at all, they will come through there. .....I hope. If it were to be 20 degrees colder, it would almost be a guarantee. So we will see.  God I love making memories with him. Hoping to make a special one tomorrow. Wish us luck guys.

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Finally made it up north for the first time all season and have had the greatest hunt of my life. For over an hour I had 3 bull moose 100yds below me in an all out brawl. Could only see glimpses because of the leaves but the sounds alone were unbelievable. They're "grunts" literally shake the ground this close. Brother got the big boy that we had in cam last night. Don't have service enough to get the pics but when I do I'll post them.

Wow! What an awesome hunt!!!   Can't wait to see the pic's my friend!  

Picking up my 13 year old grandson after work tonight. This time tomorrow, I'm hoping we will be dragging out his first deer! We will hang out tonight, shoot our bows, get his camo and pack ready, and get up at 4 for breakfast! Then head to the best spot I have on two properties. If the deer are moving at all, they will come through there. .....I hope. If it were to be 20 degrees colder, it would almost be a guarantee. So we will see.  God I love making memories with him. Hoping to make a special one tomorrow. Wish us luck guys.
Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Hey don't take lessons from Moog and let a 130 walk by!!  J/k Moog.

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I was saving him for Grampy!  I have my eye on a nice little fork horn.

Must be nice. I'm sure I have told this story before but in 2000, when I was 16 years old, I missed a 130" 8pt. 5-6 times in Texas (fair-chase hunt) because the scope was jarred and way off. Then my Dad shot him. I was devastated, but at least happy for my Dad. He told me not to worry and that I would get another chance someday at a buck like that. Well 17 years later it has never happened (trail cam or real life). LOL.

IMG_3445.JPG

• Like 6

I sat this morning before work....I saw the same doe and two fawns as I did the last time I sat this spot.  They came through around 7:00AM.  I swear I had a buck behind me at one point, because I thought I could hear a few short snorts, but I couldn't see much of anything as its pretty thick cedar swamp back there.  Tomorrow is a bust for me, wife has be busier than a one arm paper hanger....back out on Sunday.

Good luck out there!

Must be nice. I'm sure I have told this story before but in 2000, when I was 16 years old, I missed a 130" 8pt. 5-6 times in Texas (fair-chase hunt) because the scope was jarred and way off. Then my Dad shot him. I was devastated, but at least happy for my Dad. He told me not to worry and that I would get another chance someday at a buck like that. Well 17 years later it has never happened (trail cam or real life). LOL.

IMG_3445.thumb.JPG.855a11734d724e71c58760c1ab696681.JPG

What a jerk! Though in all fairness ypur dad did give you 5-6 shots. That's at least a reload and a half. You didn't sight in the rifles after you landed?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brushmaster3 said:

Heard a little battle at sun up here in Clarence. Had 5 does just come in, never saw the buck grunting behind them.

Had a doe and a small buck in pursuit run in front of me across Salt road near Clarence Center this morning on my way to work.  It was still dark out.....

Enjoy everything about the chase Biz!  Its the process, not the end result that really matters!  Big buck, no big buck, just have fun.  I have to remind myself about that at times.

What is the process to getting big muscles like you? Right now I am dealing moreso with a big jiggly 28 year old beer belly with tight sexy legs, all.my flab is in my gut

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk