Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Fletch, that's why  didn't go into the woods but I'm going out to clear here after coffee and a bagel

Now want to know how lucky I am? Even though that 4 was huge..I mean 3yrs old for a 4pt...it was him.... wouldn't have shot but wanted a pic...he was too fast...He wasn't this guy and I would have been out of my mind mad at myself.....Oh the spikes on cam as well this a.m.

10200005.JPG

10200011.JPG

10200059.JPG

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

Again 3am beer pong hangover is immediate revoking of ones man card...
Only accepted "up til 3 am" excuses have to either involve
1. crying baby
OR
2. hookers and cocaine
(never both reasons at the same time ofcourse).

Cocaine was obviously involved. And I never had to pay for girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Natalie brushed a blind in today.  

IMG_1186.JPG

Great job. I mean greeeeeaaat job !  But question : aren't blinds like a tent as when something is a top or making contact with the material will then leak ? I only ask as I'd love to brush our new blind in better but I'm afraid contact points of material will cause leaking through.

46 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Great job. I mean greeeeeaaat job !  But question : aren't blinds like a tent as when something is a top or making contact with the material will then leak ? I only ask as I'd love to brush our new blind in better but I'm afraid contact points of material will cause leaking through.

I don't think so.  This blind has strips of material on top intended to secure brush.  Pretty tough material.  Will it leak, no idea.  Lol

• Like 2

Had a doe fawn and an odd looking buck come through at first light in 3s today- would have loved to take the doe but they busted out of there like their hair was on fire? Another down stayed back where they came from (wind was not favorable). Later I had a tall 3 point come in from a different direction. He hung around for an hour- when he would start walking away I would rattle a bit and he would come charging back - probably would have let him walk even if he gave me a shot....may as well head back in the for HOT evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NonTypical said:

I know you were asking Just Lucky,  but I hunt in Enfield, on Conneticut Hill. 

My lease is adjacent to Cornell properties that butt up to conn hill, the neighboring lease north of me is directly adjacent to conn hill...short walk and I'm therez

Almost like big woods down there! Ever see any bear or sign?

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Took me 3 hrs but I hiked the stankin ladder midway up my lease and settup...passed literally more than 12 active scrapes and I'm settup on a fresh rub line with 8 rubs within 20 yards:

IMG_0736.thumb.PNG.d9eb0eb17377d2d1a44813c234c720fb.PNGIMG_0737.thumb.PNG.b8c25babbf0cb420b2250c1a5c4b40ba.PNGIMG_0738.thumb.PNG.81c23824fe08e06cee6c5a69cd42ccfc.PNGIMG_0739.thumb.PNG.45893a6212db023bd3dd37946cd9d733.PNGIMG_0740.thumb.PNG.feadd9736530898a927dd2e43d9d92d3.PNG

Also pulled the lone wolf after nearly a year...the one screw to flatten it was rusted fast gotta go clean her up here in a bit.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 3

I missed this guy my first day out this year. Should have taken the 8 yard shot when I had it. Instead waited to sail one straight over his back at 25 yards at least he's still coming back as he had no clue when I shot at himec9907714b6d02975804395586127ad8.jpgfc35d21354d54d0d6c742947aa5232b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3