Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I got to my spot an hour and a half ago, hopped in the stand and 10 mins later the farmer shows up with the combine. Beans are coming out. I hope he gets finished up for the day soon and it doesn’t ruin my hunt. Oh well, guess it’s the price we pay to hunt big ag areas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

My lease is adjacent to Cornell properties that butt up to conn hill, the neighboring lease north of me is directly adjacent to conn hill...short walk and I'm therez

Almost like big woods down there! Ever see any bear or sign?

I haven't, but my buddy that lives in Enfield has had one in his backyard a few times. 

35 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Paul

lease bordering Cornell is a gold mine.  About the highest density in the state in the Ithaca area no?

Cayuga Heights is the unhuntable deer Valhalla..

The Cornell property im adjacent to is 5 miles south of Ithaca in Newfield...

I wish I had private access on the east hill.  

Actually I can't complain my buddy has had me on piece of private in Ulysses (sw shore/ridge of Cayuga) going on 7 years now...DMFA!

Also Cornell has an awesome hunting program on their lands.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

18 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I got to my spot an hour and a half ago, hopped in the stand and 10 mins later the farmer shows up with the combine. Beans are coming out. I hope he gets finished up for the day soon and it doesn’t ruin my hunt. Oh well, guess it’s the price we pay to hunt big ag areas. 

The monsters might not be so apt to move when he is out there but it seems that deer are pretty used to farm machinery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

The monsters might not be so apt to move when he is out there but it seems that deer are pretty used to farm machinery.

I’m actually in doe or turkey mode today. Not that I wouldn’t stick one of my hit listers if he came by. The deer are used to the equipment but they don’t generally head out to feed while it’s running. Still might see some activity through this transition area. 

1 minute ago, growalot said:

beans?...That might be a good thing...watch your back side, they may come in and hang on the edge to watch before dark

I’m sitting right inside the wood line from where they’d be watching from, facing into the woods. That’s kinda what I’m hoping for. 

• Like 1

Out trying my luck behind the house again ...lots of black flies!  My brothers sent me these recent Picts from parents house...not sure why I’m not hunting there right now...
247DFFEE-D054-4A1F-8562-DA0CBDB68527.thumb.jpeg.80bf112c8313bc3d44699a7a92aad581.jpeg
E2BFD3BA-DD24-4872-B515-349E3BEC0D78.thumb.jpeg.e9697b15e9a9e3f8b1324da1756d8c29.jpeg
898AFAC9-4A2B-4893-9DD1-AEA8C10FC945.thumb.jpeg.eececa2650b7217c662ae14f0ae78a8f.jpeg
568A299E-AC87-4E61-A8C7-2F5D4865EEEF.thumb.jpeg.b105037b801bd268384aa5eac60f917c.jpeg

Sigh....
C468E602-A506-4C3F-B729-418B17244427.thumb.jpeg.03f083cb90d4b61ddeb96e1409894f93.jpeg

Are you hunting in my spot?? As I was pulling up to my property, the farmer was harvesting the beans next to me! LOL

Oh well, switched gears and hunted the other side of the property tonight, which still has standing corn.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Only saw one today at 7. Big fat doe that I almost let an arrow loose at, but I wasn't quite pleased with the shot so I passed. Found my first scrape of the season under my stand and a bunch of new rubs with in 20 yards. Things are starting to look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Are you hunting in my spot?? As I was pulling up to my property, the farmer was harvesting the beans next to me! LOL

Oh well, switched gears and hunted the other side of the property tonight, which still has standing corn.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Not unless you hunt in Richmond. Funny thing is, there’s standing corn on the other side of this farm too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Boy this season is starting great.  Anyone recognize this?

i clip the blind with 3 deer at about 5 yds   Didn't touch the doe   It was loud   None of us had a clue what happened   

IMG_1194.JPG

I do not like groundblinds and cannot understand how a man of your stature manages.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

i clip the blind with 3 deer at about 5 yds   Didn't touch the doe   It was loud   None of us had a clue what happened   

IMG_1194.JPG

I’ve done that can’t stand bow hunting out of a blind I worry about that the last 2 times I’ve sat in one

IMG_1194.thumb.JPG.c91e948b7ca573d295ae39d6fce0eda6.JPG

Stay Hot. At least you're getting action. It's dry as a bone for me in 3s

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk