Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I literally told my buddy David when we set it, I was nervous that would happen.  Sure enough, first shot.  3 doe and none had a clue I was 5yds away so the brush in job worked but man that was horrible.  Between that and not shooting on the big boy, it's not a stellar start. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Cayuga Heights is the unhuntable deer Valhalla..

The Cornell property im adjacent to is 5 miles south of Ithaca in Newfield...

I wish I had private access on the east hill.  

Actually I can't complain my buddy has had me on piece of private in Ulysses (sw shore/ridge of Cayuga) going on 7 years now...DMFA!

Also Cornell has an awesome hunting program on their lands.

Ahhh. The East Hill. That brings back very fond memories of a fine looking doe that I met in Chili's one night. She lived up on the East Hill. That night led to many successful annual trips for several years...

Boy this season is starting great.  Anyone recognize this?
i clip the blind with 3 deer at about 5 yds   Didn't touch the doe   It was loud   None of us had a clue what happened   

IMG_1194.thumb.JPG.c91e948b7ca573d295ae39d6fce0eda6.JPG
I don't watch many hunting shows but I remember one of Hank Parkers sons shooting a hole in a ground blind. I was surprised that they showed his mistake

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

Ahhh. The East Hill. That brings back very fond memories of a fine looking doe that I met in Chili's one night. She lived up on the East Hill. That night led to many successful annual trips for several years...

I graduated from IC but I got educated on the East Hill a few times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

My lease is adjacent to Cornell properties that butt up to conn hill, the neighboring lease north of me is directly adjacent to conn hill...short walk and I'm therez

Almost like big woods down there! Ever see any bear or sign?

So I take it you're west of 13? Trumbulls corners? Conn Hill rd? I'm on Cayutaville rd on the north side of Conn Hill. 

Stopped by one property tonight to see if the corn was cut.....the farmer was just finishing one of his upper fields and the back field I hunt off of already had 4 deer in it mooching around ......might need to sneak out for a few hours tomorrow evening.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Saw 6 doe and put a hole in the blind.  Guess that's a good hunt.  Lol

Moog and WNY I got dollars to donuts between you guys there's 2 does and a book buck down by Nov 3rd...and that Biz gets busted on the draw once by then as well...teehee!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 4

Had to call it a night with a hour left of shooting light... wife kept texting about our 14 week old freaking out for over a hour.... finally I decided I was better off just going in to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Had to call it a night with a hour left of shooting light... wife kept texting about our 14 week old freaking out for over a hour.... finally I decided I was better off just going in to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been there done that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3