Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Then continue to break the law and play ignorant, it's your ticket, not mine. You as well as others were unsure on this so I contacted a LEO that I know and he said it is definitely not legal. You're "actively" pursuing a game animal while in possession of an illegal weapon for taking said animal... The same reason we can't carry firearms while bowhunting. Can you take your shotgun with you bowhunting in case you see a turkey?? No. To act like you see where this is not whatsoever a conflict of interest is asinine. It seems if you were unsure on this yourself (which you are) then you would call a DEC officer yourself to make sure you aren't violating any game laws. Maybe you'll get lucky and yours will say you can. If you want to start a p**sing match because you dislike me we can do it in a thread. Otherwise, this isn't the thread to hash this out. You got an answer, you didn't like it... Period.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'll have to find it but I have a old email response from a Eco stating it is legal for me to carry my savage model 24 "30-30 over 20ga" loaded with a 30-30 round as well as a game load in the 20ga barrel. Im sure it is another terribly written law left to the discretion of the officer but that is my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'll have to find it but I have a old email response from a Eco stating it is legal for me to carry my savage model 24 "30-30 over 20ga" loaded with a 30-30 round as well as a game load in the 20ga barrel. Im sure it is another terribly written law left to the discretion of the officer but that is my experience.

I don't see what the issue with your gun setup would pose as long as there is a deer rifle season open while carrying it. You couldn't carry that gun during an open deer season where rifles weren't allowed obviously. I'm not sure what situation youre using this particular gun but there are certainly going to be exceptions depending.

I don't see what the issue with your gun setup would pose as long as there is a deer rifle season open while carrying it. You couldn't carry that gun during an open deer season where rifles weren't allowed obviously. I'm not sure what situation youre using this particular gun but there are certainly going to be exceptions depending.

I don't see how it could be legal for me to carry essentially a shotgun and a rifle for 2 different game species "deer and grouse" and it not be legal for grow to carry a bow and an Xbow for 2 different game animals.

I don't see how it could be legal for me to carry essentially a shotgun and a rifle for 2 different game species "deer and grouse" and it not be legal for grow to carry a bow and an Xbow for 2 different game animals.

Because there's no law stating you can't hunt grouse with a 30-30. And obviously there's no edge to be gained by using a 20ga. Birdshot load for deer (obviously it's illegal). Can't you see where a conflict of interest would arise when suddenly you can start carrying your crossbow along (deer hunting) for 2 weeks before crossbow deer is legal? You can't carry a rifle along with your bow for varmints right? Why? Same reason.
I'm not saying that I wrote this law or I have all of the answers for it. A question arose about legality which I as well as others assumed was illegal and I verified it through an active DEC officer. I'm not even saying some officers wouldn't see the laws different, I asked, I got an answer. Grow didn't like my answer, acknowledged she wasn't sure and said until she sees it in print she's going to ignore it. She could easily call someone herself and see what her local officer thinks of the situation but then you can't play the "I didn't know card"...

• Like 4

Now YOU said this wasn't the time nor place for this yet here you are putting words in my mouth..NEVER ONCE did I say I was unsure. I said s how me the written regulation for I have read that regulation book umpteen times and no where does it state that.. You also said I didn't like your answer..Well I never asked a question. You gave no real answer for you have shown nothing to back what you say up..I have clearly said I've read the regulations. Logically this indicates anyone can go and look up the regulations and see if I'm correct in there being No such written rule for fall turkey cross bows and bow season compounds or traditional gear being in the field at the same time..I  have a valid turkey license , I have a valid archery license. They are legal weapons..Now to your analogy..anyone with a shot gun in fall turkey could slide in a slug and shoot a deer...Omg can you imagine?!

• Like 1

Now YOU said this wasn't the time nor place for this yet here you are putting words in my mouth..NEVER ONCE did I say I was unsure. I said s how me the written regulation for I have read that regulation book umpteen times and no where does it state that.. You also said I didn't like your answer..Well I never asked a question. You gave no real answer for you have shown nothing to back what you say up..I have clearly said I've read the regulations. Logically this indicates anyone can go and look up the regulations and see if I'm correct in there being No such written rule for fall turkey cross bows and bow season compounds or traditional gear being in the field at the same time..I  have a valid turkey license , I have a valid archery license. They are legal weapons..Now to your analogy..anyone with a shot gun in fall turkey could slide in a slug and shoot a deer...Omg can you imagine?!
Call the DEC. I'm done with your nonsense.

Well I got the trails behind house and the one down to swamp stand done. Should be good to go for some quiet hunts this week..The leaves will drop hard this week and a clean up walk will complete the season before the rut really kicks in.

I Thought of all the benefits beside noise,clearing away tick habitat,and opening up the ground to see hidden tracks, but deer love walking them. Perhaps they like quiet as well

Grow this is not a attack on you in any way shape or form but you are one of this first to call
Out anyone for doing something wrong. Alway chasing neighbors, poachers ext. now when some one gives you information that you may be doing something wrong you get combative.. truth of the matter is you are on your own land and we all know you will do the right thing by using the right weapon for the right animal.... id say your best bet is keep it to yourself and move on

• Like 3

I  honestly do not see how I'm being combative. I don't like words being put in my mouth so will address such things...that's logic..All I have repeated is show me the written regulations..I never put words in Chris's mouth nor did I get nasty when he accused me of doing something illegal. Just said show your proof ..yet here I am being told I'm combative..Well Ok..BTW was was going to move on until I saw I was saying things I never did.

Edited by growalot