Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Pics dont do him justice, just dropped him off at proccesor. Getting capped, hes goin on the wall.

How did you rattle? What i mean is how hard and for how long did you? I've only ever rattled in one deer before so I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. I tried to do a light rattle sequence yesterday morning, but I got nothing from what I saw. 

All I managed to bag this weekend was a scratched cornea and a trip to the eye doctor's tomorrow after work courtesy of my damn contacts. Hopefully next weekend shows some better less painful results

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This morning I passed on a beauty of a doe that presented a slam dunk shot........she was acting VERY strange, she had to be coming "in".  I let her move through hoping a substantial buck was coming.  He didn't and I left 30 minutes later as I had things to do.

Last night I didn't hunt due to work obligations around my friends place, the heat and I was freaking bushed........

NEXT weekend will be stellar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

NEXT weekend will be stellar.

Great, I have football practice sat morning, football dinner sat at 5 and our last game Sunday morning many Sunday afternoon I'll get out, thankful this is it and I can actually hunt.

3 hours ago, growalot said:

Now YOU said this wasn't the time nor place for this yet here you are putting words in my mouth..NEVER ONCE did I say I was unsure. I said s how me the written regulation for I have read that regulation book umpteen times and no where does it state that.. You also said I didn't like your answer..Well I never asked a question. You gave no real answer for you have shown nothing to back what you say up..I have clearly said I've read the regulations. Logically this indicates anyone can go and look up the regulations and see if I'm correct in there being No such written rule for fall turkey cross bows and bow season compounds or traditional gear being in the field at the same time..I  have a valid turkey license , I have a valid archery license. They are legal weapons..Now to your analogy..anyone with a shot gun in fall turkey could slide in a slug and shoot a deer...Omg can you imagine?!

I can tell you that I am not certain who is right but I can tell you that the logic given to chrisw by a DEC officer is inaccordance with other similar codes and that answer did not suprise me.

Now given that second hand info from a DEC officer I would be (and might fur the sake of curiosity) calling a local officer to confirm or deny this ruling. 

If you continue to carry both afield without clarification that is on you and should you be confronted by an officer (afield or because of internet photos) he is not going to care how many times you read the book or how poorly written we deem the code.

Let me also point out that I am far less than perfect and would have illegally shot a turkey last week if fletch wouldn't have reminded me it wasn't 2014

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Archery harvest thread finally made it to page 2!

Great buck Zeek...nice harvests everyone.

I am planning to add three posts to the harvest thread,starting wednesday or thursday. Getting very itchy here,i havent been out much,but that will change soon.

• Like 3

I am planning to add three posts to the harvest thread,starting wednesday or thursday. Getting very itchy here,i havent been out much,but that will change soon.

Here here! I've been traveling quite a bit and am not missing the woods with this heat but now I'm ready to put time in, can't wait

Couldn't get a signal before, so just posting now. Beautiful afternoon, got settled in around 4:00 pm. Tried that Evercalm stuff for the first time. Had a doe bed down on my trail and hung around for 15 minutes or so. Was mostly within 10 yards.  I took her when she got up to get moving. 20 yard shot. Picture in the harvest thread.

IMG_2341.JPG

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

ATBuckhunter All the ones ive seen this year came in while i was still rattling.

You get a tape from on him for an unofficial yet...he looks damn close to 120 

Edit: quoted the wrong post somehow...supposed to be a picture of your buck...like I said great buck looks 110-120 to me

Edited by OtiscoPaul

1 hour ago, biggamefish said:

Where is all the happenings from grampy? I was looking forward to hearing all the happenings of his weekend with his grandson.

No deer seen. My grandson is still looking to get his first one, on our next hunt together. No fault of his. As he did awesome! I should have chosen a different spot.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

No deer seen. My grandson is still looking to get his first one, on our next hunt together. No fault of his. As he did awesome! I should have chosen a different spot.

Unless you got a pen and a prod that's how it is...and if you do that ain't hunting

Sounds like the boy got altleast 2 good lessons !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You get a tape from on him for an unofficial yet...he looks damn close to 120 

Edit: quoted the wrong post somehow...supposed to be a picture of your buck...like I said great buck looks 110-120 to me

No tape on him yet  hes at the processor now. Then headed to the taxidermist. Ill have my dad measure before that though.

• Like 1