Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Just more steady rain here.  I have a firewood delivery tomorrow, so I will miss the morning hunt.  I'm free after that, so I will get the weekend.  (Would much rather hunt during the week.) Right now I'm eyeing Halloween as the day. 

I'm still waiting for a buck to show up in my "honey hole" spot.  There are 3 does, 3 fawns and a button buck in there daily.  I have stayed out of there, other than to check a camera with the 4 wheeler.  I have managed to not hunt it.  Still waiting for pics of something to shoot, or an active scrape.  Neither so far.  

I've been discouraged.  I know trail cameras don't tell the whole story, but I'm running 7 cams on 5 properties and I haven't had a decent buck on any of them in weeks.  Sure, the warm weather has them starting late, but deer movement has been terribly slow.  Any day now... but I've been saying that for a week already.

Good luck out there.  

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Drove by a fresh dead buck on route 134 in Ossining this morning. Maybe they are the on the move....it was a spike or 4pt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove by 3 dead doe in Orleans County on side of the road yesterday. Have be extra alert this time of year.

• Like 1

Yesterday I saw more dead deer , between my home in Webster and my spot in Canandaigua then most of the last 30 years of driving that route .

Almost added to the count with my new car , in the center of Victor !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Yesterday I saw more dead deer , between my home in Webster and my spot in Canandaigua then most of the last 30 years of driving that route .

Almost added to the count with my new car , in the center of Victor !

I drive through Victor almost every morning. Theres a few monsters that live right near town. I see them quite a bit near the little car wash and Tim Hortons.

Damn this working for a living business! Gorgeous morning, no deer sadly despite the near perfect conditions. Off to work now but heading to the Adirondacks tomorrow for weekend deer-camp!  Picked up a new deer on camera, a 7. Not a shooter but they are beginning to move in from elsewhere it seems

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

Damn this working for a living business! Gorgeous morning, no deer sadly despite the near perfect conditions. Of to work now but heading to the Adirondacks tomorrow for weekend deer-camp!  Picked up a new deer on camera, a 7. Not a shooter but they are beginning to move in from elsewhere it seems
I hear that I'm sitting here at my machine wishing I was out there and getting antsy as I have traps out to and want to check them 3 will not come fast enough

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I drive through Victor almost every morning. Theres a few monsters that live right near town. I see them quite a bit near the little car wash and Tim Hortons.

I used to have a pic of a monster killed up on the hill behind there.

mine was between the insulator factory and the church .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I hear that I'm sitting here at my machine wishing I was out there and getting antsy as I have traps out to and want to check them 3 will not come fast enough

Nothing like the boredom of running a machine to make you wish you were in the woods!

600 or 625 inconel?
Not sure don't have a print they just gave me a practice piece to test out some no tooling lol...i don't get to play with it much I machine the big parts normally. Machine is a 5 axis Ingersoll planner mill 50 foot long by 12 foot wide table with ability to machine 14 foot tall

8 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Not sure don't have a print they just gave me a practice piece to test out some no tooling lol...i don't get to play with it much I machine the big parts normally. Machine is a 5 axis Ingersoll planner mill 50 foot long by 12 foot wide table with ability to machine 14 foot tall

I did some small prototype parts a few years ago , I just remember the 600 sucks to machine and the 625 sucks even more . 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Lol only boring when trying to mill bore inconel 1.4 deep 1.1875 dia for 1.25 -12 treadmill rnd work lol

I do not enjoy inconell. Haven't ran it in about 10 years. I have it pretty good. I program in a shop that is all Brass, Aluminum, plastic and some 12L14 jobs on Turn Mill and Swiss machines. 

• Like 1