Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Jumped two out of the field on the way in...to dark to tell what they were.

While climbing the tree had 4 run through...again couldn't catch any horns.

9:35 had a buck to my right at 15 yds. Thought it was a small 4 point but once he turned his head I could see it was a decent 6 point. He didn't like path he was taking and decided he had better backtrack and go the other way. Not sure if he got a whiff of me or the evercalm. Either way he didn't offer a shot. My Views This morning:

IMG_20171027_091117[1].jpg

IMG_20171027_091018[1].jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Uhmmm, don't cut that one.  That's a big deer rubbing that tree.

Front of woods across from the " little woods". Maybe 60 yards from that hang on you sat in in the AM last year .

10 minutes ago, BigVal said:

What a hunt. I saw 7 bucks and 6 doe. Passed shots on 5 of the bucks. The last one I saw was chasing another doe and was a big boy. 80 yards out wanted nothing other than the doe he was on. 

Sounds like like next two weeks should be incredible!  Weather looks promising too...

• Like 1

Shot a nice buck at about 1030 today. Seemed to be a good shot. Waited about an hour to track. Found good blood, a couple good splatters here and there. Lost blood at gas line. Other side posted, went to the address on posted sign, gate was down, no one looked to be around. Called Dec to see what my next step was. Told me to call deer search and they would take care of it, if they can. Called them, left voicemail, waiting on call back. 0eb2724b47a14cc987904ae0e5967f78.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Hunter716 said:

Shot a nice buck at about 1030 today. Seemed to be a good shot. Waited about an hour to track. Found good blood, a couple good splatters here and there. Lost blood at gas line. Other side posted, went to the address on posted sign, gate was down, no one looked to be around. Called Dec to see what my next step was. Told me to call deer search and they would take care of it, if they can. Called them, left voicemail, waiting on call back. 0eb2724b47a14cc987904ae0e5967f78.jpg

Good luck with your retrieval  Hope it pans out

14 minutes ago, Hunter716 said:

Shot placement/deer orientation

any bloody beds along the trail

does the arrow smell of liver? 

Deer search was a good move but keep trying the neighbors for recovery rights cuz I don't think deer search will "take care of that." 

If you are waiting for deer search stay off the blood trail 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Shot a nice buck at about 1030 today. Seemed to be a good shot. Waited about an hour to track. Found good blood, a couple good splatters here and there. Lost blood at gas line. Other side posted, went to the address on posted sign, gate was down, no one looked to be around. Called Dec to see what my next step was. Told me to call deer search and they would take care of it, if they can. Called them, left voicemail, waiting on call back. 0eb2724b47a14cc987904ae0e5967f78.jpg&key=7d424eb719745dc96aac0d842f18f26786d30b1dd9315e5c0fb2b12d7d287f48

Arrow has good blood....but is that white hair half-way up the shaft??
How far was the shot....how steep was the angle? What position was the deer when hit....broadside...quartering to or away?
Some of these questions may fill in the blank of what is going on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Arrow has good blood....but is that white hair half-way up the shaft??
How far was the shot....how steep was the angle? What position was the deer when hit....broadside...quartering to or away?
Some of these questions may fill in the blank of what is going on.

Broadside. 25yds. Yes that is white hair. Good angle I was only up about 14 feet. It did seem like it got deflected by a beech tree limb. I feel like it caught the underbelly because of the white hair. But there were about 4 or 5 good dinner plate size blood splatters as it trailed it..so I thought that was a good sign. Idk, everything is racing thru my mind right now.

18 minutes ago, Hunter716 said:

get permission and go get em!  better off waiting anyway supposed to be cool tonite.  If its down it will be down in morn too.  Meat should be fine.  Hope you track down owner. and best of luck hope to see pics of it later!!!! 

Shot placement/deer orientation
any bloody beds along the trail
does the arrow smell of liver? 
Deer search was a good move but keep trying the neighbors for recovery rights cuz I don't think deer search will "take care of that." 
If you are waiting for deer search stay off the blood trail 
Yeah I asked DEC, what about the land owner and permission. He said deer search will find owner. Idk first time calling deer search.

Sit tight.....broadside isn't truley always a broadside hit.....a little scary with that much white hair....don't think you got lung....maybe brisket.....or liver out belly.
Just a guess.....guys with more experience will be able to nail the hit sight down for ya.