Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

23 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Would 4:30pm be too late to get in stand? I have a stand that I have a camera next too but by the time I get home it will be about 4:30ish. I'm going to pull the camera card either way but figured if I was going to be pulling the card I might as well hunt the stand next to it.

Not at all...

Shot a nice buck at about 1030 today. Seemed to be a good shot. Waited about an hour to track. Found good blood, a couple good splatters here and there. Lost blood at gas line. Other side posted, went to the address on posted sign, gate was down, no one looked to be around. Called Dec to see what my next step was. Told me to call deer search and they would take care of it, if they can. Called them, left voicemail, waiting on call back. 0eb2724b47a14cc987904ae0e5967f78.jpg&key=7d424eb719745dc96aac0d842f18f26786d30b1dd9315e5c0fb2b12d7d287f48

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So just a little updated. Nothing yet. But I did take a few steps in on the property line just bc it's pretty open woods and I just wanted to glass the woods to see if he was laying right at the edge somewhere....But I did see a deer get up and start walking away about 50yds in. I backed out right away. No idea if it was my deer or not, couldn't tell. But obviously it's not good that he's not dead yet. But isn't it kind of a good sign that he bedded so close (if that was him) from where the shot was taken. Idk maybe I'm just trying to take the "glass half full" approach... I think I might just call it a day, and come back down in the am. Hopefully deer search will call tonight and we can make plans for tomorrow.. Idk what else to do for today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Posted first at Northern West ER last night before being transferred to West Med Center with my kid who busted his fibula and tibia at football. Changed location to Hosp for Spec Surgery in NYC waiting for orthopedist to look at X-ray...again. Full leg cast for now...surgery maybe?
da1c5f7afda941aef721573caf8c307f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he will need a pediatric orthopedist to evaluate his growth plates. best wishes from wny

10 minutes ago, Hunter716 said:

So just a little updated. Nothing yet. But I did take a few steps in on the property line just bc it's pretty open woods and I just wanted to glass the woods to see if he was laying right at the edge somewhere....But I did see a deer get up and start walking away about 50yds in. I backed out right away. No idea if it was my deer or not, couldn't tell. But obviously it's not good that he's not dead yet. But isn't it kind of a good sign that he bedded so close (if that was him) from where the shot was taken. Idk maybe I'm just trying to take the "glass half full" approach... I think I might just call it a day, and come back down in the am. Hopefully deer search will call tonight and we can make plans for tomorrow.. Idk what else to do for today.

I know you are anxious but you can't keep pushing the deer.  Since you already walked a few steps on the property you probably should have went to where that deer got up.  His bed would have told you valuable information.

Did you see a blood trail heading into that general direction?
If that was the deer and it was bedded.....it sounds to be a liver hit....the blood looks unreal and most times you think there is now way in heck this deer survived the blood loss....get permission asap!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did you see a blood trail heading into that general direction?
If that was the deer and it was bedded.....it sounds to be a liver hit....the blood looks unreal and most times you think there is now way in heck this deer survived the blood loss....get permission asap!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes from what I can tell the blood trail was headed in that direction. And I'm leaving now.... Im going to Leaving a brief note duct taped to land owners gate just in case he comes down. And hopefully he calls me. Or deer search calls me..... I'll be down in the am with a friend or 2 regardless and I guess I'll just go from there.

• Like 1

Yes from what I can tell the blood trail was headed in that direction. And I'm leaving now.... Im going to Leaving a brief note duct taped to land owners gate just in case he comes down. And hopefully he calls me. Or deer search calls me..... I'll be down in the am with a friend or 2 regardless and I guess I'll just go from there.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you are anxious but you can't keep pushing the deer.  Since you already walked a few steps on the property you probably should have went to where that deer got up.  His bed would have told you valuable information.
This was the first time I pushed him, if it was him...and I was thinking that, but I also didn't want to push him even further. But I already packed up and left. Coming back in the am. Ducted taped a note to land owners gate with phone number. Hopefully he calls. Be down with 2 friends tomorrow. Hopefully deer search calls too.

• Like 1

Was walking back in to my stand at 330 and this little button had no clue as I stood in the field. He just ate his apples. Scared the crap outta him as I had to get to my stand. Checked cam this morning and 2 NICE bucks in here the last few evenings. Hoping for a repeat tonight. Fingers crossed.d338e4993f3fa2d4fbdac72881bd7d60.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Hunter716 said:

This was the first time I pushed him, if it was him...and I was thinking that, but I also didn't want to push him even further. But I already packed up and left. Coming back in the am. Ducted taped a note to land owners gate with phone number. Hopefully he calls. Be down with 2 friends tomorrow. Hopefully deer search calls too.

Sounds good, good luck and let us know.

So I headed out early to get a hunt in I had decided what stand I was going to hunt and on way in decide to check a cam near another stand, pull card and have a really nice buck in it from a couple days ago. Then I look behind me and see deer moving, well a small 6pt pushed 3 doe right to me they saw me and took off and the buck headed towards the stand I wanted to hunt in, no I couldn't make up my mind so I'm in the stand I wasn't planning to hunt, hope it goes well tonight. Good luck everyone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

Would 4:30pm be too late to get in stand? I have a stand that I have a camera next too but by the time I get home it will be about 4:30ish. I'm going to pull the camera card either way but figured if I was going to be pulling the card I might as well hunt the stand next to it.

Not at all just try to be quiet going in. Last Saturday I didn't make it in until 5:00pm and had my best sit of the year. 

If that is him yes it is a good sign

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk