Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

6 minutes ago, TheMiz54 said:

Hunting in Virginia this morning. I found a great rub line leading to a bedding area. First time in this area going to sit for a few more hours. Hope Mr. Big decides to roll through.

bee569ceb7c17006b381c31c58c4e503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing must be a frigging moose...I'd be putting a cam up facing that tree lol

• Like 1

Figures as much.get down out of stand and take slow walk to check stands.plenty of scrapes and first two rubs ive seen this season.get to stand and hear the crash to my right about 40 yards.looked like the nice buck saw two weekends ago across the field.bedded down behind that stand where they always do.out past his ears.o well.atleast seeing them!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 9:28 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Its that time of the year again! This is our 8th year for doing this thread and its always a lot of fun! Post in this thread using your smart phone (or other device you can get to the internet with) from your stand / woods with your thoughts, current conditions, pictures, sightings, etc.  Don't forget, the site is accessible via your mobile device and there is even an app - Tapatalk enabled!    Lets see those pics!

Sounds great except that when I got to my hang-on stand this AM (on my own property), it was gone. Who are these people??

Had 3 doe feeding near me about 50 yatds upwind of me, when I heard a snort and they blew out. 10 mins latter the woods erupt with 22 and 12 gauge gun fire. Well I guess that's it for this spot today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After all the small arms fired stoped I got out of the climber and started scouting. Found a funnel near done rubs I knew about that's was away back in. Just finished putting the locations into scout look turn and see a white tail waving goodbye. Can't wait to get back here in two weeks. And busted one gobler on the way out.

It's 70 don't know why I'm back out except can't shoot em on the couch. Hoping they feel this storm coming and get up. This is the only stand they been hitting reg in daylight.

17f536ed5028b87e2e603dc0c89a8fdc.jpg&key=ecc145584425ee7a27abf3ed059795d4817a8357ebaf18973d4e7e2c57367902

I hear fetch the I got a breeze and I'm still hot!

• Like 1

Awesome work man!!!!!! Where did you end of hitting him??
A successful track and I can bet that was a sleepless night!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Haha. Yes, It was definitely a sleepless night!! But entry was around liver, exit was around shoulder area. I think he tried ducking my arrow or something and ended up getting caught. Idk. But at least I recovered, the meat didn't look bad either. The processor said he'd call if it was bad.

Sent from my HP 10 G2 Tablet using Tapatalk

• Like 4

716 that's a dandy
Bet you didn't sleep well! Where was the entry/exit?

Definitely a sleepless night... Entry was around liver, exit was around shoulder.. I think he tried ducking my arrow.Idk. Glad I recovered him tho!!!!

Sent from my HP 10 G2 Tablet using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CanastotaCamo said:

Core and fasteddie, how high up are those 2 stands?

I actually measured it today. 18' to the bottom of my feet. This would be equivalent to a "21' to rail" ladder stand. When I was in a "15' to rail" stand last it felt like I was almost on the ground, though I don't know if deer care that much.

• Like 1

3pm - I’m back in 3N Blind where I passed the 3pt yesterday afternoon. Kicked up a bedded doe on the way in 20yds. Hoping a bigger buck moves through today. Heavy rains and strong winds coming the next 2 days.

65 degrees and 13mph winds right now.

94993965ea7d7b760d556b281224cc63.jpg

• Like 3

New stand this year, over looking a crick and a old dug road we reopened. Had a doe come down a ridge to my left already but she went the wrong  way..

it is a weee bit windy ......

F48B961B-E467-427A-B85A-D01328374F5C.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Sounds great except that when I got to my hang-on stand this AM (on my own property), it was gone. Who are these people??
Dude that sux, my neibor once tore down one of my stands because it didn't think it was mine. Thought it was a trespasser