Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Rain,16mph steady with gusts 30 mph...which are pretty darn steady as well, light rain...wind is picking up..know where the deer are hunkered down...They can stay there to...Lol.   Generator was serviced by Mr B this weekend...turn the key and ready to go if need be. Calling for rain and snow here tomorrow.

My trail cams 100 yards behind my house have a big uptick in buck activity day and night since Thursday evening. Some nice deer passed through during the day on Friday, one at 11am! and the biggest buck that I've had on cam passed through yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon during the rain while I was inside watching football.

Anyways, this Wed looks like one of the best days of the season:

Post cold front and rain cleared out. Highs in the 40's, light South Wind and B pressure of 30.24  >>>--------->

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

37 degrees solid rain and 22 steady winds with gust into 30s
Supposed to get even windier. No thanks.
And there's a hot doe in one of our spots. emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here fletch,confirmed hot doe. Might have to go see this afternoon if the rain stops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

This weekend was a bust for me with the rain, today the wind is ridiculous, so I am sitting here at my desk, Ill be swapping my day off of work for Wednesday, which looks to be much better.

i did the exact same thing.  risking your life out there today !

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Steady drizzle but the deer are on their feet. I am in a funnel and have 3 different bucks chastising does so far. If you added up all of their antlers together it still wouldn't be a shooter, good to see some activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you are on your feet too. 

Had a crap sit on my parent's property in 8F. Usually I sit and see an average of 10 deer. Young bucks and doe but for the whole weekend only saw 7. Makes me wonder what is happening to the herd. That's for another time. Took my 2 year and 9 month old for the first time in our shooting shack. Her had a blast even though he did scare off the few deer we saw. Hoping next year her will understand what move slow means.

Also included is a rub I found on my property. Looks like it might be a good buck. My son is standing right next to the tree. f0df538450a8933f05be5a6478218e88.jpgb9ed1210fd70d002cc35c57c6ab83eb8.jpg3c72182fd7fa82ebd08b6fbcab57e7cd.jpg8d3f49adf4766a0ffc377219c047b862.jpg7c258b280739a394ca1eae85fbecb1f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 19

23 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

This season sucks for the guys that only get out on the weekends (me) It's either super hot or now rain and wind. 

I don't think it will matter too much this week I'm betting the big boys start chasing really soon. This weekend and next will be the best 2 weekends to be in the woods.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I don't think it will matter too much this week I'm betting the big boys start chasing really soon. This weekend and next will be the best 2 weekends to be in the woods.

I'll be in the stand,  still waiting to see some activity . The woods is still the best place to be.

• Like 3

I get a very poor signal in this particular stand, so I posted Saturday evening when I got home to the PC. I guess it didn't save so posting now. Looking for bucks, so I let this one slide late Saturday afternoon just before the storm hit. It was the least I could do after she kept me entertained for an hour. Saw an even dozen does, but only a little spike showed up. Hope nobody hits her with an ATV because I let her slide! (for those that have read the "repercussions" thread) :rolleyes:

DoePass.jpg

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Same here fletch,confirmed hot doe. Might have to go see this afternoon if the rain stops.

The rain stopped here and I keep looking out the window and thinking is the wind down a bit them voooooooom, hmmm It says 21mph but I am not bying that at least not sustained.

Bucks are chasing here in 4F now. Any time anyone can get out the next couple of days is going to be good. I will still hunt this afternoon,and have mu approach planned out with the west wind. Doe or buck,i am real antsy to get one on the ground. There is good hanging weather ahead. 

Ideally one of each.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The rain stopped here and I keep looking out the window and thinking is the wind down a bit them voooooooom, hmmm It says 21mph but I am not bying that at least not sustained.

Where are you fletch? Still raining here,supposed to end 12.15