Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

If it's a small flock go get em! If it's more than 5-7 sit tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I could give it more thought, 2 does at 80yds. Staying out waiting for buck

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Before I could give it more thought, 2 does at 80yds. Staying out waiting for buck

If there's turkey around deer will feel 'really' safe   Turkeys have some of the best eyes/ears on any critter and sure deer know this

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

4-5 turkeys 60yds. Spot n stalk or wait for deer? 20min till sunset

I use the I Hunt by Ruger app for situations like that.  If you go to the hunting calls and "Turkey assembly call", I've literally called in fall turkey every season.  Such a useful tool

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevieSacs said:

I use the I Hunt by Ruger app for situations like that.  If you go to the hunting calls and "Turkey assembly call", I've literally called in fall turkey every season.  Such a useful tool

FYI  Don't believe you can use electronic calls to call turkeys if you're hunting them. Just a friendly heads up

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

FYI  Don't believe you can use electronic calls to call turkeys if you're hunting them. Just a friendly heads up

Really  thats wild.  Good thing Its always been later in the season and never shot any of em!

21 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What TF said......Using electronic calls has always been illegal in NY in the spring...MANY years ago it was legal in the fall, but has been illegal for at least 3o years...

• Like 3

Well here we go. My first shot at a ADK buck and I rushed the shot. Nice 8 point I watched at about 4:30 cut about 80 yards behind my food plot. He disappeared for 10 minutes in a thicket, when he came out i shot. I should have taken an extra second but was excited, there was a slight rain as I shot and after so blood will be hard to track. Took a look around till dark spotting light blood at the point of the shot. Tomorrow will be a long day, wish me luck.

20171030_174519.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Well here we go. My first shot at a ADK buck and I rushed the shot. Nice 8 point I watched at about 4:30 cut about 80 yards behind my food plot. He disappeared for 10 minutes in a thicket, when he came out i shot. I should have taken an extra second but was excited, there was a slight rain as I shot and after so blood will be hard to track. Took a look around till dark spotting light blood at the point of the shot. Tomorrow will be a long day, wish me luck.

20171030_174519.jpg

good luck man!  The arrow in him still?

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Any reason why your waiting till morning? Bad blood? Not sure of shot?

First time I've used the rifle hunting. Probley just thinking about it too much because of that. I have access to surrounding land just needed to call my neighbor who is a hunter first. I didn't want to impede and he said go for it he is out of town. If he is dead I'll fine him but i didn't want to jump him. Thanks everyone

11 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

First time I've used the rifle hunting. Probley just thinking about it too much because of that. I have access to surrounding land just needed to call my neighbor who is a hunter first. I didn't want to impede and he said go for it he is out of town. If he is dead I'll fine him but i didn't want to jump him. Thanks everyone

Have always said.....if he is dead now he will be dead in the morning too. It's certainly cool enough overnight to wait.  Best of luck. Looking forward to hero pics in the morning. 

I'm just geared different cause if I leave a deer overnight the yotes will get it 90% of the time. I was just wondering if you started the trail and didn't like what you saw, or the deer did not react well.... that's all. It's plenty cold enough. Good luck in the am!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'm just geared different cause if I leave a deer overnight the yotes will get it 90% of the time. I was just wondering if you started the trail and didn't like what you saw, or the deer did not react well.... that's all. It's plenty cold enough. Good luck in the am!

It sure seems that we never had to worry about that 5 years ago.  But yeah nowadays is a different story.  One spot i hunt I get more yotes on camera than deer. 

20171030_174519.thumb.jpg.12c3db552acf5bf2df4d070335f0eda2.jpg
Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My suggestion, go get him tonight if you can. With the rains tonight the blood will be all but gone. Gun shots kill different than bows shots 9 out of 10 if he's going to die he's already dead.

• Like 5