Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Ya did that . I shut it off at 34%  so if needed I could turn on and use .
I turned it on and it went to the red line battery and shut off dead .
it died while turned off 

Get a juice box. They’re not too expensive and are good backup for emergencies. Since we can’t keep extra batteries like the blackberry days it’s basically a battery with a usb plug and about the size of a deck of cards. I keep one charged with a cable in my pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

this is a rather sudden and dramatic drop. I used to go from 100% to like 98% while sleeping over night , now I loose 25%. 
Screen brighteness has been lowered , will bring my external battery .
Its lasting better since it died and was charged to 100 %, one more round of that should help from what I’ve read .
Back to the woods, nothing yet ....

Any phone older than 18 months will start to struggle and you’ll see those quick drops. There are tricks to preserve battery, but sometimes they just shut out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Man the secret lives of doe is nothing like the secret lives of pets.  These 2 have been completely boring for 2 hours. Up feeding and moved maybe 15yds. 

You going to let one fly at one if you get a chance ?  I kicked one up today in swamp. She ran 10 yards , I baaahed her. Locked up for a chip shot   Gotta wait for gun opener. Then that will never happen again 

2 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I almost hate to do this, it’s a bigger advantage then tree stands and crossbows !

But it’s time .

FA194F5E-F3FF-410F-BE24-C49E586212B5.png

Nothing is a bigger advantage than treestands (expected to be banned in NY for hunting by 2020).

• Like 2

ima slip into the edge stand in about 30-40 minutes. Its 20 steps off the lawn and the spot to be at 5:37pm tonight. I'm making that 5:37 bit up but I am going down and rifle through the kids Halloween candy for a Fireball!! So all bets are off!!

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

ima slip into the edge stand in about 30-40 minutes. Its 20 steps off the lawn and the spot to be at 5:37pm tonight. I'm making that 5:37 bit up but I am going down and rifle through the kids Halloween candy for a Fireball!! So all bets are off!!

You guys aren't kidding around tonight. Fireball away. 

IMG_7679.JPG

1 hour ago, CanastotaCamo said:

Came home from work to a great surprise. The tractor is in the corn field that I believe shelters all my deer. Going to relax tonight because of rain and tomorrow morning because of an early work obligation. Starting tomorrow night it’s game on all the way through the weekend. Not sure how many days it will take for them to cut, but they are cutting in this freezing rain...

I'm in your same boat with the rain. Pouring rain and hunting in glasses sucks big time. So bailing on tonite.  You def want to be in after that corn cut.  That might be a winner.  Good luck. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Had high hopes for today, but haven't seen a deer all day! Not gonna lie, I could use a snickers right about now....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Aw man , you picked the wrong stand again. I hope cam pics don't prove that. You'll get on that nice buck soon enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Get a juice box. They’re not too expensive and are good backup for emergencies. Since we can’t keep extra batteries like the blackberry days it’s basically a battery with a usb plug and about the size of a deck of cards. I keep one charged with a cable in my pack.

I use those things too, especially on Sundays when I'm watching NFL Sunday Ticket on my phone while hunting.