Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 minutes ago, growalot said:

how was the mass?

Not bad.  Definite 2yr old.    Called him in and thought about shooting him cause it was a unique rack.  But lots of days left and I probably wouldn't have had him mounted.  Maybe he will stay a 4pt as a 3 year old.  That would be cool.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, growalot said:

My pics have shown we have had a few of those over the years  mostly giant "crab claws" and cool looking bucks for sure.

Didn't think much of him until he got to about 20 and I realized he was way outside the ears.  Walked by at 7yds looking for that buck that grunted.  

OMG!

I think I just snapped a pic of BIGBOY, a deer I have been chasing for 4/5 seasons. He would be 6 or 7 if this his him. Probably on the downward trend in terms of his rack, but the Antlers are looking very familiar. Need to check another cam further along from this point and also check previous years pics for him and other large deer. 

Even so, this is the best deer I have seen thus far. Just need daytime snaps now

[edit]

OK, a comparison of previous pics suggests this is not The BIGBOY of legend. Not wide enough. I have this same deer from another angle on another cam.

Still nice tho. I think I have video of this fellow with a smashed up right side this time last year.At yeast 3 I would say.

BIGBOY2017.png

Edited by Papist
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I passed on the biggest 4pt I ever saw last night Biz.  Absurdly wide for only 4pts.  

Yea, I responded to you saying that was the deer you were saving for me! Mine in the avatar was definitely a 2.5, but only 15" spread

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I have stands on and off my iine.. I have them facing and not...and never shot over my line....though that' me.. I set a timer for opening and closing daily...I' in such a stand now. Watched many a deer walk past that decided to not cross fence line...and the fence is open during bow here..

1509647565585-1609685503.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zuke said:

@Gencountyzeek, what do you do with the squirrels? I’ve always wanted to take some out at my place, but, don’t want to kill them without a recipe.

I fry the meat. Flour, than dip in milk and egg, then flour with salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder mixed in. Throw in the pan, rotate sides. Then i sprikle some franks on it. Its like minuture boneless buffalo wings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well that buck I posted the trail cam picture of yesterday is dead. Not by my doing though lol. My buddy shot him about a half mile from me this morning at 940. He’s a nice 9 point. Not sure what he will score yet, will tape it when we get home.
e734c3bc134b62101f63e611287bdc3d.jpg

At the laundry mat in town now getting some clothes washed before me and the other guy head back in for the afternoon hunt. My camera had a bigger 8 point on it the other night, hoping he makes a appearance soon!

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, Zuke said:

@Gencountyzeek, what do you do with the squirrels? I’ve always wanted to take some out at my place, but, don’t want to kill them without a recipe.

I think you can use the same recipe that guys use for geese.  Something about placing the game on some nice harwood plywood ,seasoned genrously of your choice ,bake for 30 minutes at 375 . Remove from oven and throw the game away and eat the plywood.

• Like 2