Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I Have been waiting so long to hunt th at swamp stand..afraid  of how wet it will be but have a drier(relative) party in. Should be nearly no wind and low thirties...the moon should make for a no light needed  walk in. They bed there and the surrounding lands will be packed with guys pushing them to safety.. Any possible way in by a trespassers would push deer to me. Either way I'm good, because New stand placement gives me a much better view. I really have a good feeling about tomorrow.. fingers crossed..good luck everyone. 

• Like 8

946pm. Just got into my spot. Decided to switch it up and come in the night before. I haven’t used an alarm clock in years to wake up anyway, so I should awake sometime after 6am. Sunrise is 730am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

One really odd thing that I saw on the evening hunt was watching a fawn nurse. I assumed momma wasn't gonna go for it, but she stood right there and let the fawn nurse for 1-2min! It was an average sized fawn too. First time I've ever seen that in November!

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Zuke said:

nothing but one old guy tonight... oh well, that’s how it goes sometimes. I know I’m late to the bacon conversation but I feel I need to add my bacon preference. Microwave, about 45 seconds, drives my wife nuts. You can suck it down like a wet spaghetti and it doesn’t taste like burnt wood as she prefers.

I just won in a meat raffle.  3 pounds oh baaaaaaaacon.   Going to make one giant blt. 

image.jpg

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 3

My path to my stand has 12" water...for a good 50 yards....man is it hard to walk through water quietly....even sliding boots and not picking them out of the water is still too noisy for me...too much rain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Getting dressed jmp5008 is gunna drive me to the back side of the property so I can slip in nice and quiet then he’s gunna come back to the house and sit the plot..... hope the plan comes together

Tommy 9-5 (aka Biz) is on fire today-I thought you were tagged out after opening day?!?? Made me laugh today but the 4 hole comment might be my favorite- sorry for encouraging him!!!!

ALL RISE! Leaving soon for a morning sit in 3S with the Mathews. Turning to the xbow in the afternoon.