Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I got home at noon and to add insult to injury on what I thought was going to be an eventful morning, I lost decocking bolt.  So tired from hour long climb back up that hill and home I was too lazy to turn my target. I though hey 20yrds will stop it..nope!..blew right through and buried it's self several yards behind target and I think in the woods.I looked and looked ...I've hit that center circle too many times I guess... Oh well an excuse to use Amazon points so ordered 6 carbon express pile driver bolts... Will go back out this afternoon...
 I got a good look at trails and yep I have had someone in using the stand...First year I have not taken the bolts out of platform and tie strapped the base to rail so no none could get to seat... thanks again for that idea Eddie it's worked for several years... will have to do it again before gun season...They have really trampled the trails down ...may explain why I saw just one lone buck and no other animals save birds and the red squirrels:mda:

Can’t imagine ever being so ballsy and rude to hunt someone else’s stand. That really sucks. Can you setup cams to catch them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a bruiser around 11am 150 yards out. He wanted nothing to do with any of my calls. He was running the other way nose to the ground. The finger of trees he came out of is the same one all the other bucks are coming from. So I ripped my stand down and me and my buddy hiked up to that finger and discovered it’s a bowl that drops down into the creek bottom. There’s a little hidden picked over milo field on the other side of the bowl and the woods neck right down to this awesome pinch point. Im on the top of this hill on he north side of the creek and I can shoot both sides. Massive trail right under me practically that has a huge extremely fresh rub on it. It smells like deer in here and just looks like big buck travel corridor. Hope a big boy comes through soon!

• Like 7

Saw a bruiser around 11am 150 yards out. He wanted nothing to do with any of my calls. He was running the other way nose to the ground. The finger of trees he came out of is the same one all the other bucks are coming from. So I ripped my stand down and me and my buddy hiked up to that finger and discovered it’s a bowl that drops down into the creek bottom. There’s a little hidden picked over milo field on the other side of the bowl and the woods neck right down to this awesome pinch point. Im on the top of this hill on he north side of the creek and I can shoot both sides. Massive trail right under me practically that has a huge extremely fresh rub on it. It smells like deer in here and just looks like big buck travel corridor. Hope a big boy comes through soon!

Nice 9 you will shoot tonight

• Like 1

Oh lord I just had a nice buck out front
He was 60-70 yards tried can nothing grunt nothing headed farther out snort wheeze he did not like he turned and ran 50 yards way he came and walked outa my life
Man he was a nice one farginuggetall!

• Like 5

Just got out had some jackass pushing brush pretty sure he had a rifle...naybe bird hunting I'm not sure but made the get down choice easy...i hard something walking back in brush thought deer so grunted nd he came walking out....hummmm

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience last weekend. Where you hunting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk