Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Is that fiberglass decking? I built some catwalks with stuff that looked just like that .

That stuff is pultruded FRP grating (yes fiberglass).  It is very slip resistant.  The only thing you need to watch with that stuff is some of it doesn't do well with UV light, most of it however is fine in UV.

The wind is swirling all over the place here. I had a few deer get in tight to me to my north west only to wind before I could see what they all were. One was a doe for sure. Then one started blowing and that was it.

Had a spike run through on neighbors  laneway,nose down ..then 2 doe came up out of gully but didn't  turn on trail. Went direct down wind and the old doe went on high alert. Wind came back and spooked them both ..they went to pines. Had she just turned down the trails he would have stopped short of scenting me..or it could have been scent wicks I put out.

Edited by growalot

13 minutes ago, Cory said:

Just had a 10pt chase a doe thru the yard then he turned and walked away she's  not ready yet 

Awesome. I've never seen a 10pt, never even got a trail cam pic of one. Lots of 8's over the years, but never a 10pt.