Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Apparently I could not miss spooking them..out of breath from hurrying I stopped for a moment...with a fawn  no more than 10 yrds from me off the trail. Snort,snort,snort up to neighbors sanctuary...everything else stayed out along the farm field and walked down into the gully and up over the ridge. In a hurry because the bow wouldn't cock..I dang near tore out my arms,shoulder and back trying. Then went into the house and sat down with it. The bolt spring silencer had slipped up and was jamming the catch..Now my entire right arm is totally numb from shoulder to fingers. When is the season over...I'm  ready:rolleyes:

Hey today is election day...don't  forget if your town has things going on

• Like 1

Was suppose to be precip. Free today..now 30%chance of snow showers.. Which means wet snow around 10 a.m...wow crows are angry and I'm herein this high pitched alarm going off through the woods..WTH....then realize it is my Gator being delivered... I'll never getting a deer now...jinx,jinx,jinx...lol..and I have two squirrel in my tree one just above my head and the other across from me...they are both growling.. you know..up close they are mean looking SOB's...I  little worried here.....

Thanks for the encouragement! Normally if I go two sits without seeing deer , I feel something’s gone  wrong . Prior to last nights buck it was 5 sits !!

Last year in bow I shot the 14th buck I saw that day .

I just saw I think #8 for this year .

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Thanks for the encouragement! Normally if I go two sits without seeing deer , I feel something’s gone  wrong . Prior to last nights buck it was 5 sits !!

Yeah super frustrating this yr, minimal rut activity for me. I just hope to seal the deal and get back to work

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Alright,now i dont have any sympathy for you anymore. All i keep seeing is Mr spindle spike,and he is not a shooter.

Must be chasing pretty hard at night, of the 3 deer I've seen today 2 are already bedded down. Had a small buck walk through and jumped a doe that was bedded down and she bolted away. He went over and sniffed her bed for awhile then walked off. Never knew she was there, must have walked in and bedded down while it was still dark. Now just had a big bodied deer moving through some thick stuff about 90 yds away and bedded down...can't tell if that one's a buck or a doe yet.

8 different bucks in a year is still amazing. Usually for me it’s 3 or 4 that have been on camera all summer and fall. I usually see them in real life or I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got excited had running deer and a doe stops out right and I see one back a ways nope 3 flatheads. Got downwind with this hinky wind and got nervous busted out about 40 yards then walked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk