Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Evan and I saw a few does out of range and a 2.5 year old buck out cruising this morning. Have a house showing at 11 so we are in for some breakfast, then take the dogs for a ride while they show the house. We will be back out this afternoon. Gotta get a ground blind setup, then we will be in a different blind on a brassica plot. Weather is about perfect today, great wind for where we are going too. 

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Because if you want a Booner, you pass P&Ys.

Just had another real nice buck cross the same field. It’s probably close to 250 yards out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you sit closer to where these deer are walking? 250yds is a long way, I haven't been able to see that far since I was in Wyoming.

I bought those thermacell heated insoles during the gander out of business sale.
Opened them up last night for the first time and charge them. Throw them in my boots and the remote in my bag. About 8 I decide it’s time to warm the dogs and all I get is a red blink. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two guys I’m with out here in Nebraska have them. One guys won’t work doing the same thing yours is and the other guy says his only last 2 hours. Neither one is impressed

Can you sit closer to where these deer are walking? 250yds is a long way, I haven't been able to see that far since I was in Wyoming.

I may be able to, it’s the property line. There’s a ground blind right on the corner of the green field, both bucks rolled by within feet of it lol35f540d9fb1d623c55e9542ae24fe3a6.jpgThe field is the green at the top of the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will someone tell me the story of how this rut thing is suppose to work again?? WTF.... Wondering if my bucks have gone gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) or if they're taking care of their own needs.?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

CF I'm in the same boatI have not seen one buck chasing a doe just calmly feeding together... or slowly walking along.. I did get a new scrape at the apple tree cam...no pics batteries went dead in the cold...I have new ones on order along with a phone card reader.

I was just on wunderground and the station had my wind out of the north when our flag is clearly straight out of the east. I went to station change and moused the 7 in just our area until I got the ONLY east wind reading...LOL this area has so many stations and EVERYONE of them had a different wind direction???...LOL

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Will someone tell me the story of how this rut thing is suppose to work again?? WTF.... Wondering if my bucks have gone gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) or if they're taking care of their own needs.?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, growalot said:

CF I'm in the same boatI have not seen one buck chasing a doe just calmly feeding together... or slowly walking along.. I did get a new scrape at the apple tree cam...no pics batteries went dead in the cold...I have new ones on order along with a phone card reader.

I was just on wunderground and the station had my wind out of the north when our flag is clearly straight out of the east. I went to station change and moused the 7 in just our area until I got the ONLY east wind reading...LOL this area has so many stations and EVERYONE of them had a different wind direction???...LOL

Same here (so far). On each of the properties I hunt (approx. 15 miles apart in separate counties), I see the same resident doe with 2 fawns almost eveytime out. I also ocassionally see the smaller resident bucks. Nobody is looking to pork yet, but I think it will begin within the next 2-3 days.

Jason said I remember you saying to shoot them twice if given the chance. His first shot at yards quartering away and the buck ran a half circle and stopped quartering away at 15 yards so he shot again. G5 montecs on 32 inch carbons did the trick.

I told him nice grouping. Lol. Btw he is still bouncing off the walls. Lol. 3e349d5637262bb8a597993ba92734e9.jpg&key=d8bf0c83d0ec583e71b67b2fb94f277fccd8b38405521aafe405067ea8e6d18b

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 4