Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, zag said:

Ever hear a loud noise and wonder what the heck that was?? I just heard it for the 5th time, sounds like wood on wood. If I wanted to ruin my hunt I'd walk up the hill

35 minutes ago, zag said:

Now I just heard two growns. I must be going nuts

I'm no expert, but that sounds like two gay squatches to me....

• Like 2

Well no luck for me yet. Still have a few days left here. Weather drops into the 20s tonight so that should help. But check out this monster my old man dropped in Kansas.
58b25b77d56cdbb31d3bf3ab8a9ddcf4.jpg&key=5f66c6b596c0aaadd3f38cbb87b56a247cedcdae3010cf3fc949ee617fa7b8e5
My parents moved back to Kansas this past winter. He walked across the street to a 250acre farm and asked the old lady who owns it if he could hunt there. She said yes and that she normally doesn’t ever let anyone hunt but since they are neighbors no problem. He said he put up 2 cameras a couple weeks ago and has 6 bucks all over 150. This one he shot was the 2nd biggest. My old boss at the outfit I worked for in KS gave it a quick measure and he says it’s 165 being conservative. Could possibly break into B&C, will know for sure once the taxidermist gets his hands on it. 270 pounds dressed weight also! What a awesome buck.
Wow🤤

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well in 8y we are finally seeing some action, had a big body 4 point come in behind me at 60 yards as I was ranging trees for distance right after I climbed into my stand. Wife has had quit the show tonight,  she’s watched a few bucks chase does for the last  hour and I just had a small spike skid down the clif in front of me across the creak and drop down onto the dug road. It’s about time we are seeing deer on their feet it’s been a very slow archery season for us ...

2B232A55-3582-424F-8E73-5DC6A0FD4C60.jpeg

• Like 1

I was gonna go to the top corner of my property, a hayfield,buckwheat field and a brushy goldenrod field meet,with some oaks in the woods. I  was late getting there,a bunch of does were in the buckwheat and saw me crawling across the hayfield. Eight deer total wandered by,but skirted way around me. They are no dummies apparently.

Tough though,didnt get home till four and had to try to get out,almost worked.

Next time...

• Like 1