Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Glad I switched coats last minute before leaving this morning ! I’m in the open woods just off a field .

Thinking back yombucks I’ve killed while they were chasing does many have been in the open woods and they came off the same field .

Nothing moving yet .

45 minute drive this morning took me an hour because there were so many deer on their feet near the road including one real nice buck. Not sure how many points because it's hard to count them when I drive by in the dark, but they were tall and had mass. I think it was either 8 or 10. Either way nice deer. Today's the day..

Had to slam on my breaks in the town of webster this morning. My release and headlamp resting on the center console went flying. I think I came within feet of hitting the doe who ran out. Wouldn’t have been good for the new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

Had to slam on my breaks in the town of webster this morning. My release and headlamp resting on the center console went flying. I think I came within feet of hitting the doe who ran out. Wouldn’t have been good for the new truck.

I'm working 4-12 this week and last night I had to come to a complete stop to avoid hitting a large Doe in the middle of my road , beeped the horn 3-4 times before she decided to stroll away !  I get home and there's a big buck in the backyard !

• Like 4

3N: Buck down! I told my Dad last night to try sitting in my Blind where I killed my xbow buck last year. Below is the text exchanges. I assume he saw the resident 3pt I kept seeing but now he’s broken 1 side. Then later he shot a big 4 or 5pt. I’m betting it’s a 5pt I’ve had pics of all summer and fall. This is his first xbow deer. Probably won’t have pics till later since he only had flip phone. Unfortunately, I’m at work so can’t help my dad and he’s got a big haul ahead of himself. My blind is just over 1/2 mile downhill from car so he’s got that same 1/2 mile all uphill. Anyway, I’m pumped for him!

4390c8e90f606b6d987e9e5d3864b645.jpg

cda10865ccb4b9621e22318b1e6097cf.jpg

• Like 28

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3N: Buck down! I told my Dad last night to try sitting in my Blind where I killed my xbow buck last year. Below is the text exchanges. I assume he saw the resident 3pt I kept seeing but now he’s broken 1 side. Then later he shot a big 4 or 5pt. I’m betting it’s a 5pt I’ve had pics of all summer and fall. This is his first xbow deer. Probably won’t have pics till later since he only had flip phone. Unfortunately, I’m at work so can’t help my dad and he’s got a big haul ahead of himself. My blind is just over 1/2 mile downhill from car so he’s got that same 1/2 mile all uphill. Anyway, I’m pumped for him!

4390c8e90f606b6d987e9e5d3864b645.jpg

cda10865ccb4b9621e22318b1e6097cf.jpg

Glad for pops congrats 

• Like 3