Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Guess who’s back in the mix tomorrow?

I am. 636am sunrise tomorrow, 32 degrees. Heading to 3S with compound. Will be my 19th sit in 2017, 13th different day. I’ve already hunted more this year than any prior year in NY thx to the compound and I’m having a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I’ll take a little credit in breaking ur balls about wanting to only use the x bow

• Like 1

Hhmm wonder where that post went...any who this just keeps getting better...NOT..Woke at 3a.m. with a pain in my elbow...I felt it in the dark and found something hard..I thought I had missed a rose thorn...no a tick firmly embedded in my elbow...I woke Mr.B to help and Well lets just say it didn't go well. We spent the next 40 min.s trying to remove the head which is now pretty deep and my elbow it a bit tore up...Off to the Dr's for me in the morning...I hope I can get this planned before or after Bob is ready to come back...Remember my mentioning the type of luck I have....It's given me a sense of humor...LOL Just got out of a hour long soak and soaping up in a very hot bath...Second tick I have ever found on me first to have attached..

Edited by growalot

23 minutes ago, growalot said:

Hhmm wonder where that post went...any who this just keeps getting better...NOT..Woke at 3a.m. with a pain in my elbow...I felt it in the dark and found something hard..I thought I had missed a rose thorn...no a tick firmly embedded in my elbow...I woke Mr.B to help and Well lets just say it didn't go well. We spent the next 40 min.s trying to remove the head which is now pretty deep and my elbow it a bit tore up...Off to the Dr's for me in the morning...I hope I can get this planned before or after Bob is ready to come back...Remember my mentioning the type of luck I have....It's given me a sense of humor...LOL Just got out of a hour long soak and soaping up in a very hot bath...Second tick I have ever found on me first to have attached..

Hey grow on you trip in stop at a pet store and grab a tick spoon. I use them on myself as well as the dogs.  They work very well.

• Like 3

Here go ladies and gentlemen! Posting activity may be lighter than normal. I don’t like shooting compound with a glove so given the 32 degree temps, my hand will buried in a muff!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am going to sit from.9 a.m. on. I can't decide if I should in the oaks where the does have been or where three ridges converge. I am leaning towards the ridge jumction. What do you guys think?

If the wind is right for the converging ridges I'd go with that one maybe catch some bucks cruising for ladies ... Good Luck

Perfect morning in 3s saw a young buck on his feet on the drive to my spot. Hope that's a good sign. Haven't seen any rut activity yet but am hopeful today is the day.

28 degrees here in 3S as well. Let’s do this!

• Like 1

back into the swamp. Wood ducks all i hear is wood ducks. They are a great warning sign when they blow out of the swamp but all they alarms were false yesterday. All I saw were ducks.Maybe today ill try a little move away from the ducks.

Must be two flocks of turkeys on my place today. I can hear one flock where they've been roosting and another flock just flew over my head. Now I can hear some aggressive purring going on between the two flocks. Pretty cool.

• Like 3

Well folks, looking at my last weekend in woods for 2017.  Scans I had last week and yesterday mean I'll be having surgery Monday AM.  I have tomorrow and Saturday to get it done. 

I;m glad to see the weather will be nice , ha ha.  Don't care. I'll be out as long as I can soaking it in. Not sure my fingers will cooperate but I'll be sure to post! 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1