Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I tapped out for now. Can't feel my toes and I'm typing this with my nose as my fingers are froze. Taking a break to warm up and then back after it.

My phone reminded me that 2 years ago I shot the 8point that went swimming in the pond so I have to get back out there

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

I tapped out for now. Can't feel my toes and I'm typing this with my nose as my fingers are froze. Taking a break to warm up and then back after it.

My phone reminded me that 2 years ago I shot the 8point that went swimming in the pond so I have to get back out there

I remember that, you DO NOT want that happening today lol

• Like 1

Hopefully this snow knocks the golden rod down, 90 homeless deer in your woods

I'm thinking not 90 and with out ever seeing the deer everyone else seems to see...... just a couple hundred yards off my back line...I'm thinking not even 60... Just a bunch of deer that like to change their sheets often, as it were...LOL:wink:

• Like 1

That's all for me- notta damn thing since the "doe" in the bushes excitement. Time to defrost recharge phone (cold sucked the battery life today) and refuel forvthe afternoon/evening- may try muscoot farm in 3s(also part of my management program's land)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well our time here in Nebraska is coming to a close. No big bucks for me or the other guy. I shot a doe Wednesday night to fill my tag and help herd management. Got her dropped off at the butcher yesterday morning and they said it will be done this morning. Got it all ground into burger, that’s what we use most of when cooking. Rut action seems to be late here this year. Everyone else at this hotel said the same thing. Not a lot of big boys out chasing during daylight yet. But we’ve had a good time, met some great people and drank ALOT of cold ones with them and the locals at the bars every night haha. Packing our stuff in the truck now and headed to the butcher to pick up meat then we are homeward bound. Wife says it’s 18 degrees at home and we have a heavy dusting of snow. Winds are whipping too I guess. Can’t wait to get home and see my boys, this is the longest I’ve ever been away from my kids since they were born, I gave up the guide life and traveling to be home with them. Sunday I hope to get a little hunting done behind my house though! Good luck to everyone hitting the woods today!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Urbancowboy said:

I was just reading the many many many rules for the Westchester County management program. Says deer only.  the nyc watershed property is different.

Oct 25-Nov 17 for 3S , it on the DEC website, please on the pdf for 2017-2018 seasons summary

9 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Well our time here in Nebraska is coming to a close. No big bucks for me or the other guy. I shot a doe Wednesday night to fill my tag and help herd management. Got her dropped off at the butcher yesterday morning and they said it will be done this morning. Got it all ground into burger, that’s what we use most of when cooking. Rut action seems to be late here this year. Everyone else at this hotel said the same thing. Not a lot of big boys out chasing during daylight yet. But we’ve had a good time, met some great people and drank ALOT of cold ones with them and the locals at the bars every night haha. Packing our stuff in the truck now and headed to the butcher to pick up meat then we are homeward bound. Wife says it’s 18 degrees at home and we have a heavy dusting of snow. Winds are whipping too I guess. Can’t wait to get home and see my boys, this is the longest I’ve ever been away from my kids since they were born, I gave up the guide life and traveling to be home with them. Sunday I hope to get a little hunting done behind my house though! Good luck to everyone hitting the woods today!

Travel safe

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mac said:

Oct 25-Nov 17 for 3S , it on the DEC website, please on the pdf for 2017-2018 seasons summary

Not really my business what or where people shoot. This is my first season checking out Westchester so I'm trying to understand the rules... As I understand it, the bobcat thing would be legal on private land or maybe on nyc property but not in the Westchester County management areas (which have tons of regulations). 

Aaah Yes!!!  The easy chair is feeling mighty good now!  Stayed out till 9...didn't see nuttin' till about 8.  Had a spike go right by me at about 15 feet away.  Looked across stream about 80 yards away, and a rack buck in heading on a mission somewhere .  Hit the grunt call and slammed the rattlin horns a couple of times to no avail.  All the while the spike just hung around me -only about 20 yards away.  It never even bothered him, and I'm on the ground in a blowdown tree and natural blind...I had some of the "evercalm" on the ground - seemed to work really well.

Hope to get back out this afternoon if the wind lets up a bit.  Good luck everybody!

• Like 1

Debating if I should hit the minor solar lunar table peak from noon till 2, take an hour break at the in laws, and then tough it out until sunset.

Talking myself right out of it as I hear the soffit on the house rattling in the wind.

I've decided/undecided/redecided/changed my mind/second guessed/phoned a friend/used all lifelines to figure out where I am sitting tonight...initially I was going to a new property so I loaded the climber out the mile hike. Now decided to head back to an area close to where I hunted this morning-should have left the climber there...ugg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1