Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I've decided/undecided/redecided/changed my mind/second guessed/phoned a friend/used all lifelines to figure out where I am sitting tonight...initially I was going to a new property so I loaded the climber out the mile hike. Now decided to head back to an area close to where I hunted this morning-should have left the climber there...ugg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I️ won’t be in Ytown this afternoon, so it’s all you! I️ hereby grant you full permission to shoot my Ytown target buck!

I have a feeling that with this temp drop even though it's windy, the ones who are out will see the big guys cruising. And I think that tomorrow is going to be an epic day. We'll see. Fingers crossed...
Hope so I'm pulling another all day sit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

42e41582c8a97459524ea64340ce486c.jpg&key=5566a427ab5ad8409cd2ae2badfddba849ef592862def8450a9f805a882d54b7

At 11, I switched setups. Now at convergence of trails with rub on both sides. Crab apple tree to my right. Tight and close game i'm playing from 5' up in a short pine.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Damn that's tight-5'?!?!? Just bring a ladder!!! Must be cool as hell when they do bust in on you

• Like 1

Trying to psych myself up to get dressed and brave the wind again...fighting the urge to plop my fatass on the couch and pour a whiskey.

Take a little with ya for when you get cold. A little "nip" and you'll be all warm again on stand.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Trying to psych myself up to get dressed and brave the wind again...fighting the urge to plop my fatass on the couch and pour a whiskey.

not a bad idea.. IF you can be out there all day tomorrow. after a cold night tonight, winds will be lower and skies will be blue!

• Like 2

Live from Moms house. I just got the phone call and mom said she was leaving to go somewhere and there was a doe in the yard. and this buck that had 4 points on either side.( I know she had me at 4 point, then she said each side.) Now she has my interest perked. That doe is either near the pines or coming from the swamp behind the house. Giddy-up I think Ill be at moms in the morning. You fellas hunting in Wyoming county keep your eyes peeled their on the move. I would go now but I have a physical therapy appointment in twenty minutes. Good luck and shoot straight.

3 minutes ago, mac said:

not a bad idea.. IF you can be out there all day tomorrow. after a cold night tonight, winds will be lower and skies will be blue!

Get off nights about 8 AM tomorrow , plan a 9-12 sit !

• Like 1

Well I'm out, it is cold and windy. Went to my ladder in between a creek and a set of pines ... figured deer would be bedded in pines sheltered from wind...jumped a 6pt, spike, and doe bedded at edge of pines about 70 yrds from my ladder stand. Hopefully some big boys are bedded further into pines and come out to play

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Got back in the saddle at 1pm. Gonna try like hell to stay the rest of the day. Bitterly bitterly cold gusty wind.
1110171357.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Holly cow that’s some wind , blowing you all over and upside down, good thing you wear a harness..

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Got back in the saddle at 1pm. Gonna try like hell to stay the rest of the day. Bitterly bitterly cold gusty wind.
1110171357.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

cool , I gotta practice that shot angle!!

• Like 1

I️ was thinking same thing, but beer. Just got into Blind where I️ killed my xbow buck last year and my dad killed one 2 days ago.

da9a388a4825a791102aeea88f05a5ce.jpg

Also checked trail cam and got a pic of both the broken rack Buck my dad saw and the buck he shot. Time was off by an hour since I️ hadn’t been here since we changed clocks so they both an hour earlier.

189eb9212e5812824baa1c0b0ece9802.jpg

3c14bdef81b5dda9cda71990189cfe4f.jpg