Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

31 degrees in 3N. Real feel says 19 degrees. 20mph NW winds. Gusts over 45mph. Come on big buck!!

I️ saw a huge tree go down when I was walking in. What are the odds. A minute sooner or later and I️ would have never seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well,i went for a walk with the bow this morning. The first couple deer were just a 100 yds into the woods,but headed away from me. Then i saw nothing for a while,then followed a north south ridge. I saw the same small doe and her smaller fawn from yesterday and they were on my path so i just kept walking. They scatterd and i am just trying to get to the road so i can try the other side. All of a sudden a doe jumps up below me on the bank and a nice 8 jumps up and they tear down the hill and out of sight. I decided to track them for a bit and followed across a beaverdam into some thick stuff. Next thing I know the buck comes back,she must have given him the slip. He was all frazzled,as was I. Didn't have an arrow nocked and had to get my thick glove off. He didn't wait for me to get ready,must have been under 20 yds when he was closest to me. He caught my scent too and didn't care about bleats or grunts. He went back up the way we came and disappeared.  Cool to see a good one so close. 

I kept walking some more and passed on a small doe or button buck,not sure.

Was worth going out though.

• Like 4

Well,i went for a walk with the bow this morning. The first couple deer were just a 100 yds into the woods,but headed away from me. Then i saw nothing for a while,then followed a north south ridge. I saw the same small doe and her smaller fawn from yesterday and they were on my path so i just kept walking. They scatterd and i am just trying to get to the road so i can try the other side. All of a sudden a doe jumps up below me on the bank and a nice 8 jumps up and they tear down the hill and out of sight. I decided to track them for a bit and followed across a beaverdam into some thick stuff. Next thing I know the buck comes back,she must have given him the slip. He was all frazzled,as was I. Didn't have an arrow nocked and had to get my thick glove off. He didn't wait for me to get ready,must have been under 20 yds when he was closest to me. He caught my scent too and didn't care about bleats or grunts. He went back up the way we came and disappeared.  Cool to see a good one so close. 
I kept walking some more and passed on a small doe or button buck,not sure.
Was worth going out though.

No arrow nocked??

Back in 3s(hilltop) 2 more gripes about hunting a management program-must hunt from a climber not allowing me to shoot the doe that was standing broadside 20 yards into the woods 30 yards from my car. 2-it turns out the doe I saw flying up the mountain after I was set up was being pushed by a family of hikers(parks remain open to public- even during rut!) maybe she'll circle back to lose them

• Like 1

Saw two bucks on my way in at 2:30... one of these days I’ll learn not to hunt when I can’t be in early. Don’t know why, but, nothing gets me down more about a hunt than bumping deer on the way in. Especially when ones a good buck. Makes me feel like the whole hunt is a bust from the get go and I’ll never see him again.

Back in 3s(hilltop) 2 more gripes about hunting a management program-must hunt from a climber not allowing me to shoot the doe that was standing broadside 20 yards into the woods 30 yards from my car. 2-it turns out the doe I saw flying up the mountain after I was set up was being pushed by a family of hikers(parks remain open to public- even during rut!) maybe she'll circle back to lose them

Is there a store there to buy stuff? I️ never pulled in. Where’s the hunting- behind that main building or across the street?

Is there a store there to buy stuff? I️ never pulled in. Where’s the hunting- behind that main building or across the street?

2 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Just had a large racked buck chase a lady friend by at 50+. He was a beauty.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Do u ever try talking to the doe, run by me and I'll take care of him for ya just come by me, I was saying that last night

• Like 3

I was out loading the ATV. I had left it out in the elements without covering it. A lot was frozen. Ratchet straps were frozen and I had to bring them in to thaw. Brought the seat in also. It's forecasted to be colder tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk