Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

18 minutes ago, growalot said:

So sad I have to laugh  dragged ever calm in..walked past first gully stand then turned and to second gully stand..Doe and 2 fawn come trotting down. Hit drag and follow it back the way I came in, feeding..I think cam caught them.SOB!...literally walked to stand ladder.  Lol

See it works !!

• Like 1

So of course I get back up in my tree and a fork comes out, he starts posturing about 70 yards away and out steps the biggest buck I’ve ever seen from a tree. Ten points I think (nine for sure)long tines and way outside his ears! The fork walked to him and they went up toward the road. Man I wish they went past the kid! I’ll be in here Saturday but I’m guessing he will have moved on. As they say, you can’t shoot a big one if you don’t pass a small one lol. I’m happy I got this deer and happy I saw that onebdc0d2695ccaf5d8d402f83b2397b828.jpg&key=ae8ccaab1a1e4bcfd7c0bbc2f039bdf7561250cbe4088367d7112d499f67de511fad1502e49fddd67e39d045df6d5dfb.jpg&key=0061d311ed2a3c8f17d7d3ee67d5ee0e413006ca5733dabdfe3f9f3067c6351e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great shot!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ok I’m getting frustrated. This is the 10 pointer I saw last Sunday at 4 pm (50 yards away, couldn’t reach him). He has been coming around every single night since then, but never during the day! Saw him again on the camera last night at 11 and 3 am. Is he completely nocturnal now?
E6808B2A-63FE-4B6B-B412-61A5585241E7.thumb.png.6206014418c30a79734c395451a32769.png
Your close. Stay on him

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I hunted behind my house this afternoon. I have just over 3 acres and I have a ladder stand at the very back of my property that faces my house. Then I built a enclosed stand probably 50 -60 yrds closer to the house that faces towards the back of the property. So I'm in the hut and I keep hearing a bleat can going off a few times and it sounds like someone's behind my property hunting no big deal occasionally I'll see someone in the woods behind me. All the sudden I catch orange from my ladder stand so I look thru binos and see someone in camo with a orange backtag holder. Instantly I'm pissed so I climbed out of the hut and walked back to see who it is. As I'm rounding the corner the stands empty and then I see this dick head, literally taking a wiz off to the side, he sees me and nearly jump's and I asked him why he's on my property and hunting from my stand. He quickly says didn't I see you at the wake last night, nope wasn't me where are you supposed to be, he said the guy a few properties down told him there was an old stand he could hunt out of, I told him to go back and tell him it's private property. Freakin Yahoo's, I'll be heading to the neighbors tomorrow that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, zag said:

So I hunted behind my house this afternoon. I have just over 3 acres and I have a ladder stand at the very back of my property that faces my house. Then I built a enclosed stand probably 50 -60 yrds closer to the house that faces towards the back of the property. So I'm in the hut and I keep hearing a bleat can going off a few times and it sounds like someone's behind my property hunting no big deal occasionally I'll see someone in the woods behind me. All the sudden I catch orange from my ladder stand so I look thru binos and see someone in camo with a orange backtag holder. Instantly I'm pissed so I climbed out of the hut and walked back to see who it is. As I'm rounding the corner the stands empty and then I see this dick head, literally taking a wiz off to the side, he sees me and nearly jump's and I asked him why he's on my property and hunting from my stand. He quickly says didn't I see you at the wake last night, nope wasn't me where are you supposed to be, he said the guy a few properties down told him there was an old stand he could hunt out of, I told him to go back and tell him it's private property. Freakin Yahoo's, I'll be heading to the neighbors tomorrow that's for sure.

Unbelievable

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zag said:

Don't assume the hunter told the truth that the neighbor told him he could hunt in that stand. That may have been a completely made up bs story. Don't ruin your relationship with your neighbor based on what the hunter said.

• Like 1

So I sat for about 7 hours today. Saw a decent buck at 7:15 walking down the trail 60 yards directly in front of me. Attempted a doe bleat and a grunt (I am horrible at this, btw) and he ignored me and then disappeared. I was hoping he would circle around downwind of me as he was just upwind of the doe scent I had put out earlier. No such luck. I did see a pheasant, too, and that was it. Nice day weather-wise. Although cold, wind wasn't bad at all and it was pretty clear out.

• Like 1

Lot of movement this afternoon.  Saw 3 bucks chasing.  Glad to see that the bucks are chasing again.  Morning was slow even with the cold but enjoyed the hunt this afternoon.  Getting closer.  Let a spike and 4 doe walk.  Saw 2 beauties.  Claw 6 and smoking 8 that I have pics of.  He’ll make mistake.

Wow,i had an amazing hunt from the ground this afternoon. Went into an oak stand across the roaf from a hayfield. I got in the middle of the oaks and the land rises in a half circle around me,except behind where the road is. 

I waited and after an hour a doe and spike come down the hill. The spike caught me move and went on high alert. They walked up the slope just as another group was coming down the slope and they all bailed. 

30 minutes later some deer cone straight down the slope and the first doe is working her way around me,soon to be downwind. So i drew back and she caught me,and these 4 high tailed it. Now it was  after 4 p.m. 

It was so quiet in the woods,amazing. Just before legal light ended another deer came down the slope and started feeding. I got my binos on her and scanned the ridge for followers. There was one,but i couldn't see the head. The doe moved closer and the follower came down. A nice shooter buck,at least an 8 point 2.5 year old. The doe worked her way around me at 35 yds and was suspicious of me,kept looking at me. The buck cut it closer and came to 30 yds but I couldnt draw back because of the doe. He was at 11 o'clock,she was at 7. He stopped,watching her and she went behind some trees,and i pulled back. He was partially covered by some trees,and i didn't like the shot. His front shoulder was covered and i didn't wanna hit him too far back. Now the doe snorted and they took off. 

That was soooo much fun.

• Like 2