Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

33 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

its tough to wait , cant help but get excited.  Hell sometimes i have to wait only because im shaking from shooting.  Good luck. 

Well I realize what happened. I wasn’t sure if I hit him or not, so I figured I’d just come down just to check. And sure enough there was blood, so of course I just began following it, without thinking. 

Good luck to the morning crew... I'll be out in 4L this afternoon.

Pretty close to taking either doe or buck at this point. Hoping to get a total of three deer this year, and I'm fortunate to have one in the freezer, but I'm not looking forward to late season hunts after last week's taste of Winter.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Well I realize what happened. I wasn’t sure if I hit him or not, so I figured I’d just come down just to check. And sure enough there was blood, so of course I just began following it, without thinking. 

we have all done it.  Hope you find him. Rooting for you! 

23 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Even if the arrow passed completely through?

no one can know for sure except deer.  There are some arteries in different spots above lungs its all pending exactly where.  No one can know for certain if a hit like that is lethal or not.  Just be sure to do your due dillegence and check, thats the best you can do. If you dont find him , then it was prob a survivable hit. Ive recovered deer with that exact hit - 2 years ago a buddy shot an 8 point high and we found a dead deer next morn.  No lung shot but it bled out enough to kill it.  No one can say they know it lived , esp if they werent there.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

no one can know for sure except deer.  There are some arteries in different spots above lungs its all pending exactly where.  No one can know for certain if a hit like that is lethal or not.  Just be sure to do your due dillegence and check, thats the best you can do. If you dont find him , then it was prob a survivable hit. Ive recovered deer with that exact hit - 2 years ago a buddy shot an 8 point high and we found a dead deer next morn.  No lung shot but it bled out enough to kill it.  No one can say they know it lived , esp if they werent there.  

He made an abrupt turn and headed downhill toward some thick brush, beyond which is a stream. Not sure if that means anything...

12 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Shot a buck last night, found him this morning. Story in Harvest Thread.....

78CDD270-AB52-416D-9360-CAE38D9B4030.jpeg

I've been on this forum for a number of years now.  A given here every Fall is Lawdwaz putting a nice buck down.  Sometimes two.  He does it every year.  Very impressive to say the least!

• Like 5

Been sitting here watching tanker truck after dbl tanker truck filled with manure going p the hill on the road behind us..No such luck as to hear them spreading on the field kitty corner  to us..hope they are working their way down the hill. 4 single and 3 dbl. That's a ot of crap....

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Live from my kitchen, been watching a 120" 8 following a doe around my field for half hour. Rifle needs to open! I did bring my rifle up and dry fired it with him in the scope. 390 yards it would be a hell of a poke.

390 yards is a chip shot:)

15105842680221964489937.jpg

• Like 1