Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Nothing not even a squirrel. Fun wondering around in the snow. Circled a small swamp then went up a valley and found a bucks bedding area. This is the view from it. 

Going to change the wet clothes for dry and head down to the pond for the afternoon. 

C01C88CC-2D70-423B-A7B8-11EA48930E4A.jpeg

14 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Nothing not even a squirrel. Fun wondering around in the snow. Circled a small swamp then went up a valley and found a bucks bedding area. This is the view from it. 

Going to change the wet clothes for dry and head down to the pond for the afternoon. 

C01C88CC-2D70-423B-A7B8-11EA48930E4A.jpeg

Wish we had snow here 

• Like 1

5 more sleeps for me !!! Woohoo    Forecast is indeed a crap show so hoping it changes. Rain, rain ,wind on top of more wind.  Daughter hunting til 10:30 and then I walk her back roadside for wife to pick her up for ballet . I'll head back in to finish the day. looking like pop up blind in morning and then ladder stand with umbrella up in afternoon

• Like 3

Just got back from the processors. Someone was having a caped out Buck picked up for Taxidermy. The thing was a beast. Looked to be 6 years old, maybe more. Can't remember the points (lots) but nice crab claws on both beams with long, tall Gs. Taxidermist seemed to think it was taken in Holland, NY

Anyone know of this deer? Should have taken a pic

31 minutes ago, Papist said:

Just got back from the processors. Someone was having a caped out Buck picked up for Taxidermy. The thing was a beast. Looked to be 6 years old, maybe more. Can't remember the points (lots) but nice crab claws on both beams with long, tall Gs. Taxidermist seemed to think it was taken in Holland, NY

Anyone know of this deer? Should have taken a pic

My buddy lives in Holland, I'll send him a text.

I gotta say, I don't know how you stand guys do it. If it was like on Tv with tons of action and a billion deer coming through every minute it'd be one thing. But hours without seeing a thing would drive me nuts. 
I am pretty sure on tv they film for hours/days and cram the sightings into the 30 mins

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Unreal in stand 10 mins. 2 fawn go to stand I was in this morning and start feedimg..

I feel your pain..lol.. i watched 8 does come out 150 yds from my stand 2 times.. so I set another stand.. I'm watching 3 feeding under my other stand right now..ha ha ha

• Like 1