Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

27 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

I am pretty sure on tv they film for hours/days and cram the sightings into the 30 mins

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That and they just seem to have much higher deer densities in general. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with geography as most of the shows I've seen are all centered around the midwestern states. 

Would love to see a show that's realistic based on northeast woods hunting. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, uberyan said:

I gotta say, I don't know how you stand guys do it. If it was like on Tv with tons of action and a billion deer coming through every minute it'd be one thing. But hours without seeing a thing would drive me nuts. 

Those precious moments when the big boys hove into view makes all the vacant hours, or passing of the little guys, worth it. If I saw/shot big Bucks every time I went hunting, I would probably tire of hunting very quickly 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That is very cool.  Is she off limits I assume?

Well  yes,   she’s not really that big yet . My wife could have shot her Saturday night but couldn’t do it. 

Edited by rob-c

I passed up a pi bald 5 pt two,times on an opening day a number of years ago, because farmer next door did not want it shot . Neither time was on his land and I hardly hunted his land . In retrospect I wish I dropped it .

3 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I passed up a pi bald 5 pt two,times on an opening day a number of years ago, because farmer next door did not want it shot . Neither time was on his land and I hardly hunted his land . In retrospect I wish I dropped it .

Well you know , there’s a old wives tall if you shoot a piebald you have bad luck there after. Guy I work with said his dad shot a piebald doe 5 years ago and hasn’t gotten a deer since....

• Like 1

Well saw a little three point down by the pond.Now I’m on the fence if I should hunt back there tomorrow or hit the state land again. I wish there was a little more wind. The snow really shows where they went along the pond which it looks like the beavers left it’s a stream again. 

Nothing not even a squirrel. Fun wondering around in the snow. Circled a small swamp then went up a valley and found a bucks bedding area. This is the view from it. 
Going to change the wet clothes for dry and head down to the pond for the afternoon. 
C01C88CC-2D70-423B-A7B8-11EA48930E4A.thumb.jpeg.eda3a608aacc6cd8b1ba85218b4f1221.jpeg

Is there a reason you know it’s a buck and not a does bed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another day.  Had a doe and fawn come through at 15 yds early.  I still haven't seen a deer after 8:30am in the last 3 days.  Getting discouraged.  We got enough snow to make the woods white, but there was nothing moving this afternoon but squirrels.  I couldn't make myself sit all day.  Came out and had lunch at my buddy's camp.  I'm hoping that this slow spell is a result of lockdown, but who knows.  It could have something to do with the excavation crew working on the powerline at the farm.  Hopefully I can post some good news in the next few days.  Right now things aren't looking so great, but all I can do is keep grinding...

• Like 1

That thing is sweet and why I️ get a DMP each year Incase I️ ever saw something like that. Why hasn’t anyone shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody wants to be a bully and pick on it because it's different. Duh! Didn't you learn anything in kindergarten?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

Is there a reason you know it’s a buck and not a does bed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There where a few rubs leading into the area plus it’s on a Rigde shelf. From what I’ve read that’s where bucks bed away from does I could be wrong. 

Nobody wants to be a bully and pick on it because it's different. Duh! Didn't you learn anything in kindergarten?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No. All I️ see is full body mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/10/2017 at 9:50 PM, Thejmack said:

Heading up to 3M for the first time when rifle opens up! I am still trying to learn the area.... 

3M has tons of deer in certain areas, I know guys who see 15-20 deer on some days.  Whether its fish stories, I don't know, but they do get deer every year, and nice size bucks too.

What area of 3M are you planning on?

• Like 1

3M has tons of deer in certain areas, I know guys who see 15-20 deer on some days.  Whether its fish stories, I don't know, but they do get deer every year, and nice size bucks too.
What area of 3M are you planning on?
No 3m is loaded with deer, the trick is getting place to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to hunt tonight but I thought about it all day. seeing that big buck chasing yesterday really got me fired up. Hopefully I canl play hooky from work at least one day this week for one more chance at a buck with the bow.  This will be the first bow season in three years without killing a buck if I don't get one. Oh well that's the it works sometimes. Good luck to the rest of you guys who have more time to hunt.