Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

6 minutes ago, jpastor1759 said:

No 3m is loaded with deer, the trick is getting place to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cant argue with that!

Some places end up looking like a pumpkin patch with all the orange hats in the woods, still a bit surprised Orange county is not a shotgun only county yet.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cattcounty said:

I wasn't able to hunt tonight but I thought about it all day. seeing that big buck chasing yesterday really got me fired up. Hopefully I canl play hooky from work at least one day this week for one more chance at a buck with the bow.  This will be the first bow season in three years without killing a buck if I don't get one. Oh well that's the it works sometimes. Good luck to the rest of you guys who have more time to hunt. 

Still have late bow season if that helps at all

Had a tresspasser come by me on my dad's property today in catt county. I whistled and told him to get lost and he continues to tell me it's his property. Lol I calmly told him he's on my dad's property and I'd be happy to bring my dad over (which wouldn't be in his best interest). He got loud and now my throat is sore but I think I got my point across... Better not see him again. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Still have late bow season if that helps at all

That is true.  It really won't bother me if I don't get a bow buck this year. I still had a couple good encounters with a couple nice bucks, and I did harvest a doe. So all in all I had a good bow season.   

Well... Now I know where I should've been that week. A few public land bucks. Pulled my camera today before someone snags it during gun season, not a single person walked by it all season, goes to show you a 30 minute walk stops most hunters. 31c0895ed5dafadf62a03a1d73288100.jpg05d138b7e94908c70b18200a248d70ef.jpg77206a9769087a285c9e8e27644adf67.jpg5a8efb3c5e072a9a9dd7ca501dc048e2.jpg836d564a07540e7b0376ecdd92f8e669.jpgdb8207be2dbd621b0fc22fdd3852daf7.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Got out today with my hunting partner Gary, who has been my friend since we were boys. We were hunting opposite ends of the farm. About 3:30 got a text saying he had arrowed a buck it ran off a short distance and fell within sight. But it wasn't dead! So told him to meet me at the house to give him time to expire. While having coffee and going over the hunt, we were watching three deer on his lawn! Went back in and he was ready to take the ride home. Way to go buddy! 8 point 169 dressed. Now on to gun season! Can't wait to see what comes next for us! 20171113_165024.thumb.jpg.97056c6ff66e28cf64b6f7d2c87a237b.jpg20171113_170020.thumb.jpg.befe76c0cf722cbdabf8e72471f5c6ed.jpg20171113_165511.thumb.jpg.d35559cf84feacfcb11d46ce32706070.jpg

• Like 32

Got out today with my hunting partner Gary, who has been my friend since we were boys. We were hunting opposite ends of the farm. About 3:30 got a text saying he had arrowed a buck it ran off a short distance and fell within sight. But it wasn't dead! So told him to meet me at the house to give him time to expire. While having coffee and going over the hunt, we were watching three deer on his lawn! Went back in and he was ready to take the ride home. Way to go buddy! 8 point 169 dressed. Now on to gun season! Can't wait to see what comes next for us! 20171113_165024.thumb.jpg.97056c6ff66e28cf64b6f7d2c87a237b.jpg20171113_170020.thumb.jpg.befe76c0cf722cbdabf8e72471f5c6ed.jpg20171113_165511.thumb.jpg.d35559cf84feacfcb11d46ce32706070.jpg

Pass along my congrats to Gary on the buck!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

4L - and all was calm and quiet. Not a deer seen by the marsh. Tomorrow morning starts with a sit in the doe stand. The wife hurt her back, and needs mine, so tomorrow is the last morning hunt of only a handful. I still have the afternoons this week. Anything goes from here on out, either/or...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigVal said:

Had a tresspasser come by me on my dad's property today in catt county. I whistled and told him to get lost and he continues to tell me it's his property. Lol I calmly told him he's on my dad's property and I'd be happy to bring my dad over (which wouldn't be in his best interest). He got loud and now my throat is sore but I think I got my point across... Better not see him again. 

Wow sadly ignorant people are more abundant than deer. I wouldn't hesitate next time to call the police.

Edited by zag
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That thing is sweet and why I️ get a DMP each year Incase I️ ever saw something like that. Why hasn’t anyone shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s not that big yet. 

• Like 1

Was planning on taking a day off on Friday to go out again. Got my mother to relieve the nanny and everything. Find out I have one meeting scheduled. Damnit. Gonna have to drop some hints to the vp to see if the meeting will be moved. 

42 minutes ago, Belo said:

Well a little low lol,

Dead is dead though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shot entered right side mid body. Exited low left side, as is seen in the pic. Left a great blood trail!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, TACC said:

Great buck, just curious round figures what is it going to cost to stuff it

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

$680 out the door, but i ordered a oak plaque and engraving to go with it, he does unbelievable work.  Kyle Konecny award winning taxidermy. 

• Like 2

2nd cup of coffee.  Trying to convince myself to sit my new hardwoods stand.  I haven't seen a deer out of it yet.  There are beechnuts there, and I can see well with the snow, but I don't feel like it's a high percentage spot.  Keep trying to tell myself that things change, deer move, bucks cruise.  I will probably sit a couple hours then walk around and look for sign in the fresh snow.  I'm a terrible still hunter, but maybe I can stumble on some sign that will put me in the right spot for later on.  3days: 26 hours on stand, 7 deer.