Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Had a good day on the state land once I found a spot there was a lot of guys hunting anyway I worked my way around this swap didn’t see anything until 3 o’clock not sure if it was a buck or for just caught a glimpse of it coming down a hill then it went the opposite way. Tomorrow looks like a wash I’m going to try out back if it’s light rain. 

B168F8BF-D2F6-4DBC-B74F-856C5EC9E1F4.jpeg

• Like 4

No deer.  Sat in my little woodlot at home.  Checked cameras on the way in.  Grainy, far away picture of a nice 6 pointer from 8:00 this morning.  See if tomorrow is a wash.  At the very least, I can look out the picture window and keep an eye on the back pasture.  

5 days, 41 hours, 8 deer.  

• Like 1

I did some tree surfing tonight over shot plot nothing..That said right at close I was packing up and saying wait for it wait for it and sure enough! Wed. before open 1 single shot at two different spots on the hill then someone actually practicing...Tomorrow night there should be at least one right at dark...Lol I mention this a few days ago..

Before someone says coyote...I've been out every single night and never a shot..go figure...

Edited by growalot

58 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Had a good day on the state land once I found a spot there was a lot of guys hunting anyway I worked my way around this swap didn’t see anything until 3 o’clock not sure if it was a buck or for just caught a glimpse of it coming down a hill then it went the opposite way. Tomorrow looks like a wash I’m going to try out back if it’s light rain. 

B168F8BF-D2F6-4DBC-B74F-856C5EC9E1F4.jpeg

Beautiful view.

• Like 4

Jumped two deer on the way in,then saw one buck about 80 yds out,i think a smallish one. He walked away from me.

Other than that nothing. Great spot though,rubs close by and an active scrape too. Might go out Friday afternoon for a last bow sit. Still dont want to accept getting skunked.

I saw nothing again.

I saw my target monster buck a week ago for the second time, he was walking behind a doe, and had a doe following him(lol).  I read somewhere that bucks will stay put in a very localized spot for 3-4 days with a doe, not sure how much truth there is to that though.  However, if that is true, would that buck start seeking another doe in heat? Until all does are pretty much uninterested in his area? I know bucks will wander a ways out of there territory...

10 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Just rattled in a 6 point a few mins ago. He came in on a string down this path and right underneath me. He looked to be possibly 3 but I’m hoping he was 2. Nice body on him but I’ll let him go. Hoping these bucks start to figure out it’s pretty safe around here and stick around more. I’ve definitely seen more mature bucks here this year compared to last. Another hour and a half and I have to get down. Good luck to everyone today

Where you bang them together or just tickling them??

So I've been following this thread for the last few weeks. When weather permits, I read it from the woods. More often, I read it while stuck at work in the city.  Last several sits were pretty uneventful... I took a bear w bow (first and only bow kill) then switched to xbow last week... Been hunting Putnam and Westchester (w bow) during the work week and private land in Greene County when I have a day or two off.  Yesterday I didn't see anything all day.  This morning I was out and in place way before six.  Didn't hear or see anything. Knew I had to head back to the city in the afternoon so I was pretty bummed.  Until 0830... 

20171115_084729.jpg

• Like 6

Huge buck came out of heavy brush and walked up a hill diagonally towards my ladder stand.  Don't know if he smelled the evercalm that didn't seem to work the last several sits. Don't know if he heard my doe grunt call I hit maybe a half hour before.  All I know is he was coming in my direction on a mission.  Moving slowly I brought the xbow up and took safety off.  Estimated he was around 20-25 yards when  I shot.  He took off and I heard some crashing in the woods.  Followed an  amazing blood trail a little over an hour later. Blood on both sides of his prints.  

• Like 7

Winds blowing pretty good in Niagara County.  Gotta at least sit the morning and see how it goes. I've been living in a tree stand,  8th straight day in the woods, maybe today my luck will change.  Good luck fellow hunters, 2 more days to get it done. 

51 minutes ago, HFBPA889 said:

Winds blowing pretty good in Niagara County.  Gotta at least sit the morning and see how it goes. I've been living in a tree stand,  8th straight day in the woods, maybe today my luck will change.  Good luck fellow hunters, 2 more days to get it done. 

your not kidding the wind is blowing in niagara county . Last night the wind was not blowing and the acorns and tree bits were falling . One landed right on top of my blind and ill tell the truth it scared the shit out of me. But im going back out to see whats moving. good luck.

• Like 1