Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

As per usual I'm  out here freezing watching the deer walk the property line on the neighbor sanctuary  side...does seem to be back with fawn again. Give it to 8: then I ave things to do...looks like camps. A bust for all the guys...No one hunting opening day...What a messed up year.....First time in over 50 years.

Something broke through the swamp this morning at seven. Made quite a bit of racket 30 or so yards behind me I never saw anything from inside my blind. Otherwise it's been pretty quiet for me. Even the wood ducks seem to have floated down a few hundred yards.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, vizslas said:

Something broke through the swamp this morning at seven. Made quite a bit of racket 30 or so yards behind me I never saw anything from inside my blind. Otherwise it's been pretty quiet for me. Even the wood ducks seem to have floated down a few hundred yards.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

its cause they are afraid of that big monster of a buck that is about to walk in front of you!  good luck

• Like 1

Back in  checked cams and pulled one ...not one pic and as soon as I got the one cam inside it started working again...LOL

With all the rain then 24 degrees with 12 mph winds...everything was crunchy out there and freaking cold!!...Off to get Thanks giving stuff...I have no idea who is doing thanksgiving... But might as well be prepared.

Thank God!!! I just got a message...Daughters doing Thanks giving...Seeing I have now lost my "hunting camp vacation" which really ticks me off...I should go to camp and leave him here..I really needed to have her do that gathering....Man  The only time of year I do not have to cook for anyone for a whole week...Gone, no deer in bow..first ever since I got my first bow buck......hhhmmm neighbor will not be hunting their land thanks to the guys behind them...and I apparently didn't plant enough of what ever they want to eat....I have a lot of thinking to do before next season...I also need to go down and tweak camp so these guys get their acts together...WTH What you guys age slower than woman in your teens and faster in your 50's?? 4 older and 3 younger(30's) all cancel their hunting ......LOL I'm done venting on my last deer less day of bow season....