Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Got outa stand at 10 and scared that button off. Pizzed in scrape, pulled card showed not a lot. One 8 but I think that cam missed 9 outa 10 shots

Hit the island and yea road open. That saves me 35 more minutes walking in morning.

Cleared out tomorrow’s spot and nudged what looked like a 6,

Wandered around a bit and sitting in a new spot. I’m on ground and thick but what the heck can’t shoot one not hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to check trail cameras today, and on my way back down the hill a small rack buck limps across the trail in front of me.  No blood on the fresh snow.  I watched him for a couple of minutes as I changed an SD card in a camera.  I walked to the house and grabbed the crossbow.  I walked up on the down wind side of him and he jumped up when I got to about 20 yards away.  He faced me and laid right back down.  I side stepped to get a better angle on him and he stood back up favoring his right front leg.  I didn't want to shoot him but I felt bad watching him suffer.  I put him down and can't find anything wrong with him.  No other holes, scrapes. or punctures.  Gutted him and all looks good?  Wasn't expecting this today.   

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Always wondered how this work. If one of you guys shot a buck with bow or xbow today, but don’t recover until tomorrow. What tag does it go on?

Which ever one made the hole

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Went out for last sit before regular season in 3g today. Most movement I have seen in a while. Large doe group out of range before sunrise. Older buck with half a rack after sun up cruising. Harvested a young lone doe around 8. Then another doe group came in to keep her company while she died.

Hanging the doe today and butchering her tomorrow. Good luck to all those going out for regular season SZ tomorrow. Hope that action keeps up for you. Be safe and good luck to all.

004fa4fbd77fd70a4df9a889aae93122.jpg

Congrats on the doe!

Under 13 hours till sunrise!

For you old guys, if that doesn’t make your pecker move- nothing will!

Btw, Idk where I’m sitting yet tomorrow morning. Running out of time to decide

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Going to try the old “ Indian squaws would give up the nook to the dedicated hunter “ the eve before a big hunt. Wife hasn’t fallen for it yet but at least it’s a tradition to try.  Wedding band , best form of birth control ever made   He he 

Car loaded. Just need to add the guns. Good luck to all tomorrow. Enjoy and be safe. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Going to try the old “ Indian squaws would give up the nook to the dedicated hunter “ the eve before a big hunt. Wife hasn’t fallen for it yet but at least it’s a tradition to try.  Wedding band , best form of birth control ever made   He he 
Car loaded. Just need to add the guns. Good luck to all tomorrow. Enjoy and be safe. 
Sending some positive mojo your way TF and Miss TF!! Hoping for some hero pics tomorrow with well deserved smiles!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2