Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’m with ya on the 10-2. That always seems to be my time frame for seeing deer. I always make sure to have a snack and bathroom break before 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea. I dont blame you.  In fact i just heard a shot a few miles away and its 9:40.  Good luck 

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Hearing a shot from dad outta bring a big smile.  Crossing fingers 

Yes sir sure hoping he works toward him. He only ran about 50 yards and slowed back down. Weird if I didn't shoot that six he would be dead 

1 hour ago, TopGun270 said:

For all you guys taking the day off just remember in a few weeks you will be begging to be hunting! Lol great day for a stalk in most of the state..Good luck to those out there!

Don’t worry I’ll be out tomorrow and Tuesday and perhaps right through the next weekend.

After 40 years of deer hunting   , I just prefer to avoid bad weather if I can . 

Good luck .

• Like 3

Just as the winds began to gust as loud as jet engines, knocking down several trees, this deer came barreling through the woods, took a hard turn then briefly stopped, leaving me with an obscured steep-angle quartering away shot at 40 yards.  He ran 30 yards uphill then dropped.  My first deer harvest and I could not be more thankful.  

imagejpeg_0.jpg

• Like 29

Had a nice, quiet headlamp hike in before light in lower 5H. Danger-fast winds at about 2,400 ft about 7am. Still-hunted back down as temps dropped and snow started coming in. Didn’t cut a fresh track or see anything moving. Coffee/snack time back at camp, but headed out sneakin’ and peekin’ for the afternoon. Good luck team!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dlgerow said:

Walked along Rt 17 to get in between two swamps at in Bashakill. Odds.....?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Park at the park & ride on rt 209 exit,  and walk to where you want to access.  Monster bucks in thr bashakill marshes

Be careful  I have seen guys dropped off on the highway shoulder in the valley there, so there could be guys there 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Park at the park & ride on rt 209 exit,  and walk to where you want to access.  Monster bucks in thr bashakill marshes

Be careful  I have seen guys dropped off on the highway shoulder in the valley there, so there could be guys there 
I parked on South Rd and walked back towards 209. If anyone goes in off 209 or South Rd hopefully they'll push this way. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just as the winds began to gust as loud as jet engines, knocking down several trees, this deer came barreling through the woods, took a hard turn then briefly stopped, leaving me with an obscured steep-angle quartering away shot at 40 yards.  He ran 30 yards uphill then dropped.  My first deer harvest and I could not be more thankful.  
imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.c653cf936554251a23b82590c214a6f5.jpg

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Been meaning to try the swamp out... How wet is it in there? I think I need to invest in some better boots first lol

• Like 1