Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I went out this morning late. As I am walking back to the woods I hear trucks, work trucks show up! I continue to my stand, as I enter the woods I see all the deer running to the back of the property. 

I figure it’s a lost cause now, I get to my stand and it shifted in the wind and everything is frozen, I couldn’t even use my life line. I look up and my ladder is bent. So I wait to see if deer might come back around. 

Nope! Why would they with all the F’n trucks banging and the guys yelling up there!   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Frost heaving pic...So I get back to blind and decide to see if the doe are,still there..Dang they are! They must have stretched because the one was facing the blind...I don' know how but I managed to climb to deck ,walk across in the open ,open the door out and step in closing it without being seen.  They are covered in snow and it is snowing and blowing hard here. Gosh they've  been there since day break.

1511195391637-394708622.jpg

Edited by growalot

11:30 15 yard shot. Ran about 70 yards. She's not huge but she gonna feed my family! Thank you for your sacrifice. I am a forever believer of 10-2 sit. Back in my stand for an hour or so.

Edited by Gr8lawn
Graphic
  • Like 12

I apologize i will take it down. I don't realize I was just excited. I'll post clean pic later. Again I'm sorry

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Gr8lawn    How about a little less graphic photo for the open internet ? Congrats BTW

Wishing I was in the woods but I'm at work. Terrible weekend, never saw a deer, not even a tail. Get home last night and hot water heater craps out, perfect. Got parts this morning and fixed it, showered and got to work 3 hours late. This black cloud over me can move on anytime now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm back in...I sat in that blind watching that doe chew her cud...snowing blowing and she's squinting against it all. Then it hit me ...she has gone through all this and when she gets up and if she crosses that property line I'll kill her...nope I watched them too long while fighting the cold my self..:sorry:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Where is the buck Mr. Larry?

In harvest thread , did not want to post a pic . Till I begged farmer / land owner  for forgiveness, on shooting a young one .

Oh and I showered last night with Irish Spring  !

• Like 1

Sat till 10am with no sightings. Pretty unusual but o well. Had my kiddo until the wife got home so I made it back out here around 230. A lone doe walked into the field about 5 mins after climbing in the blind. She’s feeding all by herself still. Snowing pretty hard at times and pretty windy too. Can’t kill em from the couch I had to tell me self to come back out today...season is starting to wear on me.