Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

any sightings or cam pics of that slammer you had a while back?

That wide buck disappeared at the end of the summer. I was hoping to get a pic or see him during rut. No such luck. I saw him once last year, only time in real life, during late ML season so who knows. The other nice 10 I had on cam up until the middle of October. I'm thinking he may have gotten popped as he was pretty regular.

Well I saw nothing but the  lease shot one of the doe I let go this morning....wounded it and then called for morning tracking permission...I had planned on hunting there in the morning and will probably go sit to keep an eye on things...I gave them the other neighbors number because I'm thinking the doe probably ran back to where they had bedded on him.

1 hour ago, two 10s said:

I missed the pic.......

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It was a dead doe, with the gut pile next to it.  Not a big deal, its a part of hunting, and how meat gets put on a table, no matter the species.

Not a dig, to each his own, I personally did not see an issue, but see why people found it distasteful.  

I wish I had a doe with a gut pile, im just envious lol 

• Like 5

It was a dead doe, with the gut pile next to it.  Not a big deal, its a part of hunting, and how meat gets put on a table, no matter the species.
Not a dig, to each his own, I personally did not see an issue, but see why people found it distasteful.  
I wish I had a doe with a gut pile, im just envious lol 
You and me both!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You guys are more then welcome to come sit in my video stand and tape me if all your looking to do is see something....ill let you take a doe. I see deer daily. I sit and watch this thread all day in the stand(also float Craigslist always looking for that deal) and see that you guys never see anything and feel horrible. I'm not trying to gloat I just feel bad for you poor guys that put so much time in. I dedicate that doe to this fourm in hopes that you all have a great luck this season. Stay tuned for my monster buck tomorrow! Taking my 8 year old out with me. Hope he's my little rabbit foot.

• Like 4

In southern 3m with the mountain rifle. Good luck to all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Whereabouts in 3M? I hunted the mountain off South Rd opening day then shot a fat doe out of the Bashakill Sunday. Now in 3H hoping a bruiser walks by.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Damn it's windy . Sitting in the double chair blind and forgot to bring real stakes. Those little wire stakes are worthless
I have the front of the blind tied to my backpack and my foot trying to hold down one of the sides . I hope I don't end up in the Emerald City with Dorothy and Todo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I' in the blind from yesterday..nothing  moving hoping lease guys would  kick something down looking for that doe they shot...they haven't showed up yet. They gave up on another doe years ago  when I caught them crossing the line in the dark. Helped them track through 2 properties I had permission,when we got to a property that owner was home and I said they needed to knock on a door they stopped  trailing and We walked back to my place and I drove them to their  camp. Hhmmm warming up fast wonder if they'll  show.