Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

6 minutes ago, t_barb said:

don't even go there...   not a good comment

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Disagree. Nothing wrong with frontal shot, given the right circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this one is tough. a slight dip in the head and you have another deer running around with an arrow in its head. broadside neck? sure.

also the debate on shoulder shots to "drop em". I like the extra meat and always go vitals, but that's a whole nother thread lol.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Just left jerry's deer processing to pick up my doe from yesterday. He does really good job. Everything is packaged good and the meat is clean. Very pleased will be going back there again. His shop was quite a site to see too. Who would have know that man has an operation running like that in a garage. Good for him. I backed out with my meat and another guy was pulling in with a deer on his car carrier. A+ Jerry!

Snapchat-1732771420.jpg

20171121_164111.jpg

• Like 3

That pic appears to be close enough for compound or xbow through the neck/chest.  
Just like this:

Wonder what kind of broadhead. From how the blood was pouring out I would think mechanical but I didnt think you would get full penetration like that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Way to many things to go wrong with that shot. My kid took that shot I'd take his bow away! That elk would have given a broadside in a minute or two.

On the bedded doe if the vitals was not open just make a grunt soft and get her up. I've only shot two bedded that I still hunted up and both never knew what hit em. Did not taste any different than ones I shot standing!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Turkey is brining it's Tuesday and windy so I have 600 acres of state land to myself to walk today. Just need a little luck.

Well not the biggest but my first bear. I have had the best yet most frustrating season blowing an easy shot on a nice buck to walking and walking more then I ever have. Found a spot I liked today and after 30 minutes this guy came running from my right to left 45 yards away about 10 yards into the thick swamp. I thought he winded me but my wind was good. On second thought before he came running in I heard a twig snap, I believe he was hunting as well. No clean shot but I heard him crash through the swamp and stop. I was so happy to just see the bear I didn' think about my grunt call. I waited a minute and did a fawn call twice and two minutes later he came out about 100 yards away. That was his last mistake. 

Screenshot_20171121-180738.png

• Like 25

37 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What’s Arthur Ave ? 

The Bronx near Fordham U and the zoo... Couple blocks of authentic italian. Pretty diverse part of the bronx now but well worth the stop especially the weekend for dinner... Ps. my dog's name is Enzo 

• Like 2