Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

14 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Maybe not so much after they are field dressed, but it's not true at all before that.  With the circulatory system intact, but the heart stopped, the blood will indeed pool.

We are talking about hanging dressed deer. Of course blood pools before you remove entrails.

The same lone fawn has wandered by me 3x from 7-10am. Nice to actually see a live deer! They DO exist!! LOL

I feel a bit relieved... My son has been hunting by his apartment and just shot a good buck this morning! Takes some of the pressure off of me to get venison in the freezer this year!

I'll try to post a pic, but it seems like whenever I do, they post upside down!

307.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 25

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'll have to see if it has a name on it. I swear I got it from Sportsman's Guide many, many moons ago. It is cheap but has served me well. Hoisted a couple ton of deer.

I have a crappy $15 dollar one with a nylon rope that rips my hands up and jumps the tracks all the time. Its great...

Does the job though

Well, I guess since I ate my lunch before it even got daylight, I may as well head out and get a quick hot lunch! Yum!

My son and daughter will be heading over to camp this afternoon, to get in an evening hunt here. Hoping the deer will be moving a hell of a lot better then they have been this morning! Not holding my breath though...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well no deer sightings again today but it sure was a beautiful morning on watch. I have to call it quits for today and go get a few hrs sleep before meeting up with the wife for some running around mid afternoon. I will be back out tomorrow morning for the annual Thanksgiving Day Hunt. Good Luck Everyone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well guys I left and did a slow walk to back of property where I saw I had kicked up a big deer when I came in this morning...I follow tracks along my stone to the gully where I see a drag and blood with 2 sets of prints crossing from my place over the fence...:aggressive:

I follow a hundred yard drag through my land to find the place 2 peopls grabbed the deer and took off with it ...not gutted...I follow tracks back to farmers open field to see 2 pick ups on the land next to his...well they must have seen me because by the time I got to the house in the car and to their land the next road over they had ran. Now I am crazed...can't find owners #...I go to town hall ...let me tell you EVERYONE WILL KNOW NOW...,because I had the town clerk witness the call...he refused to give their names ... Now I'm about screaming at him when he said I can't control who's on my land...Hey do you think I lost it at that point..no not untill he says thats not the color vehicle and they don't own a truck..F me! that trucks been there 3 years in a row!! To shorten this he lives in a different town...I made him come to the site and he brought the 2 little butt wipes with him 2 young kids 18-20's no tags and refusing names ...I raised holy hell with them for 25 mins. they shot the buck on farmers land ,no permission and they walked past my posted sign ..WITH MY CELL NUMBER ON IT and retrieved...wait for it....."a small 12pt" They dragged through my place because they didn't want the farmer to catch them dragging a 12 off of his... I didn't bother with the DEC and the owner yelled at me I'll buy your land what do you want?...I can't repeat what I said...then he asked to speak with my husband,,,can't repeat that either.... 2017 is going down as the worst stinking season I have ever had....

Edited by growalot
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, growalot said:

Well guys I left and did a slow walk to back of property where I saw I had kicked up a big deer when I came in this morning...I follow tracks along my stone to the gully where I see a drag and blood with 2 sets of prints crossing from my place over the fence...:aggressive:

I follow a hundred yard drag through my land to find the place 2 peopls grabbed the deer and took off with it ...not gutted...I follow tracks back to farmers open field to see 2 pick ups on the land next to his...well they must have seen me because by the time I got to the house in the car and to their land the next road over they had ran. Now I am crazed...can't find owners #...I go to town hall ...let me tell you EVERYONE WILL KNOW NOW...,because I had the town clerk witness the call...he refused to give their names ... Now I'm about screaming at him when he said I can't control how's on my land...Hey do you think I lost it at that point..no not untill he says thats not the color vehicle and they don't own a truck..F me! that trucks been there 3 years in a row!! To shorten this he lives in a different town...I made him come to the site and he brought the 2 little but wipes with him 2 young kids 18-20's no tags and refusing names ...I raised holy hell with them for 25 mins. they shot the buck on farmers land ,no permission and they walked past my posted sign ..WITH MY CELL NUMBER ON IT and retrieved...wait for it....."a small 12pt" They dragged through my place because they didn't wan the farmer to catch them dragging a 12 off of his... I didn't bother with the DEC and the owner yelled at me I'll by your land what do you want?...I can't repeat what I said...then he asked to speak with my husband,,,can't repeat that either.... 2017 is going down as the worst stinking season I have ever had....

you have some great hunting land there but some real jerks unfortunately find themselves to it every year.  hope you find out more

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, growalot said:

I follow a hundred yard drag through my land to find the place 2 peopls grabbed the deer and took off with it ...not gutted...I follow tracks back to farmers open field to see 2 pick ups on the land next to his...well they must have seen me because by the time I got to the house in the car and to their land the next road over they had ran. Now I am crazed...can't find owners #...I go to town hall ...let me tell you EVERYONE WILL KNOW NOW...,because I had the town clerk witness the call...he refused to give their names ... Now I'm about screaming at him when he said I can't control who's on my land...Hey do you think I lost it at that point..no not untill he says thats not the color vehicle and they don't own a truck..F me! that trucks been there 3 years in a row!! To shorten this he lives in a different town...I made him come to the site and he brought the 2 little butt wipes with him 2 young kids 18-20's no tags and refusing names ...I raised holy hell with them for 25 mins. they shot the buck on farmers land ,no permission and they walked past my posted sign ..WITH MY CELL NUMBER ON IT and retrieved...wait for it....."a small 12pt" They dragged through my place because they didn't want the farmer to catch them dragging a 12 off of his... I didn't bother with the DEC and the owner yelled at me I'll buy your land what do you want?...I can't repeat what I said...then he asked to speak with my husband,,,can't repeat that either.... 2017 is going down as the worst stinking season I have ever had....

What the hell did he want your husband for?!? That would have put me over the edge!

• Like 3

How much was the offer for the land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Paula...I blew a fuse, I think it was the equivalent to a bazooka I hit him with... Mr B was next to me for that call ...I called him and he called me back...I think he ducked when he heard me repeat what was said... Then Mr B said Tell him We'll buy his place...To which he said we'll have a bidding war...Bidding war my arse you saying that was ludicrous in the first place. The whole thing was BAD

Edited by growalot

Im sitting behind my house in the woods, but the wind is blowing to my house, from where I am sitting...so i decided to go out to the road, and put some tinks 69 on my boot tread, and walk from the road, through the side woods, and circle in front of my spot, and have a seat.. I am trying anything, at this point....1900 acres of woods across the street.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grow if the sign of the kill is that obvious and they were trespassing and where they came from and to and you have vehicle descriptions I would have involved DEC right quick.

As mac said sounds like you have a great place but some idiots around.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Grow if the sign of the kill is that obvious and they were trespassing and where they came from and to and you have vehicle descriptions I would have involved DEC right quick.

As mac said sounds like you have a great place but some idiots around.

X2!

Your property, you pay the taxes, you put all the efforts in for some scumbag to reap the benefits of your doings, I would hang them with DEC in a heartbeat, especially for being that blunt with you.

Sorry you are living that nightmare, I guess any where you go, you cannot avoid scumbags.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, growalot said:

I don't understand how you don't already have DEC at your house....I know just from all the pictures and topics you post how hard you work on YOUR property just to hunt a couple of months a year.  I sure wouldn't be letting that go. We had a guy move one of OUR treestands about 50  yds off our lease onto a horsefarm that buts up against us...this treestand used to overlook a big field...he moved it back into the woods and turned it around and dumped a huge pile of corn and shot a beautiful 8 pt over the pile of corn. One of my hunting buddies caught him dragging it out. Didn't have permission to be on the horsefarm, hunting over a bait pile, stole our treestand, tresspassing....you better believe we called the DEC. That was a little over a month ago and DEC is making their presence known for us. I still haven't heard what is happening with the investigation but there are scumbags everywhere. You can't let them get away with it or you will just get more. I sure hope you call them....

• Like 5