Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

dccb1dd62c2582069745ab24a6e16b3b.jpgExit. I was able to steady myself, take a deep breath and let it half way out...focus...focus...focus... and make this shot at nine yards. There’s eight, maybe ten guys in the world that could’ve made that shot. And don’t even act like you’re not impressed with this field dressing ingenuity!b3485a9a4715833e876f4c5c61dbee94.jpg0780c10400f65940518ae66c90fbb120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's funny I know this all to well I can knockem down at 100 yards no problem but get inside 10 i have missed a few 

• Like 1

I sat until 11. Around 10 I had a nice doe come within 15 yards but she just would not leave the thick stuff. Even without taking any deer I have been having a pretty good season. Probably the most deer I have ever seen between Bow and regular season. Eventually one of these deer are going to mess up and offer me a shot. 

Were having the same season

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

My buddy just missed at ten yards this morning. I'm pretty sure that we will remind him of that.... forever!

I missed at less than 10 yards. 

Miserable day, rain, sleet, snow , all day.  End of day walk. 

My buddy pushes 3 deer right to me. They stop, 20 feet away, or less, broadside, looking back.  I pull up and shotgun blasts into ground. Action, frozen solid. I flung that old 870 right into the side of a doe. Off they went. 

The good thing was that the land owner watched the entire thing from his driveway.  He loved it. I was instantly invited to the camp. It was the beginning of 25 years of some of the best times of my life.  I miss the guys terribly. 

• Like 6

Yesterday a doe bout ran me over I was hunting a upper bench she was on the bench directly below me. When it got to the point with the two merged she cut up it directly and almost ran into me. I bleated to get her to stop......of course all the vitals were tucked behind a fat hickory. That's hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zag said:

We jumped 3 doe on walk out, no good shot opportunity. Walked the other small property and found a fresh gut pile just inside our property line, neighbors must have shot. Checked the guy pile which was small and had corn all over in it. Not a corn field by me for miles.

Ya can tell we're both in the same general areahopevit gets better for you.

I tried to get a Weatherby into my stand but the rope kept breaking. It was a tire swing rope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A stand for what? All you need is a milk crate to sit on and a .257wby mag for NY’s baby whitetails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Woohoo !! She got it done !! Bang flop. I’ve never killed a deader deer !fb011b4734689668079cb6c222bc7cfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUGE congrats to Jay's daughter! Glad she drooped a nice one and things will only get better for her! 

• Like 1