Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Tapped out.  Lunch time 

North Java Centrsl House 

Atomic burger for me  Grillrd cheese , bbq , bacon and chicken for kid  

254B639B-5749-4829-93EA-945A1E37E740.jpeg

I like the central House. You must have gone to the North Java Inn before it burned to the ground several years ago. Killed a few brain cells in that place years ago.

• Like 1

3S:

2pm get to my spot. Some guy yells from a car that it’s private property and I can’t hunt. I said I have permission. He yells I’m calling the cops.

230pm. 2 Cops are here. I showed them my licenses and explained who I have permission from. They let me go back to Hunting and are driving to the landowners house. Sucks. Wouldn’t be surprised if I can’t hunt here anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wtf Biz? Is this your first year in that spot? How did he even see you? What did the landowner say?

I don’t park at the landowners house. I could but their property backs up to a totally different road, which is where I park so my walk in is easier and I spook less deer. So I guess these clowns just assumed I was walking into posted land to hunt without permission. Rather than let me explain they just called the cops I guess. They happened to drive by at the moment I was just walking in. Cops were cool. Landowner was cool too (so far).

Cops said there was a poaching incident nearby a few years back, so maybe residents over there are paranoid (or just nosy)

Redemption Buck. Story in the harvest thread and also below.

My Redemption Buck

Finally got it done again today. Sat from 2 to right around 430 when this guy decided my grunting was irresistible and was ready for a big fight. Got into the stand around 2. One of the landscapers decided 45 yards to my 2 O'clock was the perfect spot to take a leak. Apparently my camo was on point because he either A)didn't see me or was a weirdo exhibitionist. Anyways luckily the deer did not seem to mind. Around 4 I am soon surrounded by 6 doe all ranging from 50-70 yards out. A few fawns were closer to range but not what I was after. Shortly after I hear some major rustling behind me. Oh man it's a beauty 8. He gets to within 20 yards to my 9 O'clock and decides he's not feeling it and decides instead of jumping the rock wall into the open meadow I'm hunting he's gonna play hard to get and instead turn around and be like nice try Jerkman I'm out! I tried grunting. He was slightly interested but apparently not that interested.

Off in the distance about 130 yards up the hill ai see what I thought was a big doe headed my way. Then I decided to take a closer look with my binos. Turns out this doe grew a pair. Now under magnification I can see what appears to be the biggest 4 pointer I have ever seen in my entire life. So naturally I start grunting with my VECtor call. Either my grunting is totally on point or he thought the buck that ran back behind me wanted a fight. Whatever his reason he clearly made the wrong choice. He came in full of piss and vinegar. At 30 yards he stopped broadside. I buried my pin behind his shoulder and let'er rip. Shwack nice hollow thud. He trots off a short ways at a nice leisurely pace back up the hill he came down. I knew he must have been hurting. I picked up my binos to see if I could see any blood exiting. Oddly enough there was not. Then when he got to maybe 63 yards max he got the wobbles and I knew his fate was sealed. Down goes Frazier. Turns out he wasn't a four but a solid five that I have never seen before. He was the perfect redemption buck for me. For those keeping score the coyotes decided my last buck would make an excellent entree. This guy was brought to the processor to be donated to the needy. Going to do a nice shoulder mount for this guy. I broke two of my own rules with him. I usually only shoot solid 8s or better and I never usually take two bucks from the same property. This guy was quite convincing in breaking both those rules. The pictures don't do him justice. I wear a size large glove for scale sake. Hoping the processor remembers to take a weight for me. All I know is he was one heavy dude trying to put him on my tailgate. Without further adieu my Redemption Buck.

46d57645221a33cd8d91fd0c1f73ec9a.jpg&key=da90cfcf16d29d2f594d906f7c771076d5ee0aa422f9846d9c0f29e5a704fc14a8daf0fb38255693745d4c10c28f542c.jpg&key=cf3fbe73ddc244ebf0dca3cddcdf263de915a84cbec2b47c45a483bee2c5f5c29bcd70873a2f6444380214b68665f19e.jpg&key=cccc70942d1593ce00728d7009b7b0fd2edeb82674c4a043458f25eb8dc3c26f

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 23

Redemption Buck. Story in the harvest thread and also below.

My Redemption Buck

Finally got it done again today. Sat from 2 to right around 430 when this guy decided my grunting was irresistible and was ready for a big fight. Got into the stand around 2. One of the landscapers decided 45 yards to my 2 O'clock was the perfect spot to take a leak. Apparently my camo was on point because he either A)didn't see me or was a weirdo exhibitionist. Anyways luckily the deer did not seem to mind. Around 4 I am soon surrounded by 6 doe all ranging from 50-70 yards out. A few fawns were closer to range but not what I was after. Shortly after I hear some major rustling behind me. Oh man it's a beauty 8. He gets to within 20 yards to my 9 O'clock and decides he's not feeling it and decides instead of jumping the rock wall into the open meadow I'm hunting he's gonna play hard to get and instead turn around and be like nice try Jerkman I'm out! I tried grunting. He was slightly interested but apparently not that interested.

Off in the distance about 130 yards up the hill ai see what I thought was a big doe headed my way. Then I decided to take a closer look with my binos. Turns out this doe grew a pair. Now under magnification I can see what appears to be the biggest 4 pointer I have ever seen in my entire life. So naturally I start grunting with my VECtor call. Either my grunting is totally on point or he thought the buck that ran back behind me wanted a fight. Whatever his reason he clearly made the wrong choice. He came in full of piss and vinegar. At 30 yards he stopped broadside. I buried my pin behind his shoulder and let'er rip. Shwack nice hollow thud. He trots off a short ways at a nice leisurely pace back up the hill he came down. I knew he must have been hurting. I picked up my binos to see if I could see any blood exiting. Oddly enough there was not. Then when he got to maybe 63 yards max he got the wobbles and I knew his fate was sealed. Down goes Frazier. Turns out he wasn't a four but a solid five that I have never seen before. He was the perfect redemption buck for me. For those keeping score the coyotes decided my last buck would make an excellent entree. This guy was brought to the processor to be donated to the needy. Going to do a nice shoulder mount for this guy. I broke two of my own rules with him. I usually only shoot solid 8s or better and I never usually take two bucks from the same property. This guy was quite convincing in breaking both those rules. The pictures don't do him justice. I wear a size large glove for scale sake. Hoping the processor remembers to take a weight for me. All I know is he was one heavy dude trying to put him on my tailgate. Without further adieu my Redemption Buck.
46d57645221a33cd8d91fd0c1f73ec9a.jpg&key=da90cfcf16d29d2f594d906f7c771076d5ee0aa422f9846d9c0f29e5a704fc14a8daf0fb38255693745d4c10c28f542c.jpg&key=cf3fbe73ddc244ebf0dca3cddcdf263de915a84cbec2b47c45a483bee2c5f5c29bcd70873a2f6444380214b68665f19e.jpg&key=cccc70942d1593ce00728d7009b7b0fd2edeb82674c4a043458f25eb8dc3c26f

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What town? Maybe you killed this one?

285aaf5ef34514a63edf6f136af7fb9c.jpg