Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

18 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Out with the boy again at our canoe-to ground blind...spirits still up even though a deer is not yet down...starting to feel a little like groundhogs day.  He put his GoPro on the gun to add a little excitement!  Good luck all!

38D062FF-7E5D-4701-84A6-2882E0ED90E8.jpeg

Go pro in front of the scope ? 

3S:

2pm get to my spot. Some guy yells from a car that it’s private property and I can’t hunt. I said I have permission. He yells I’m calling the cops.

230pm. 2 Cops are here. I showed them my licenses and explained who I have permission from. They let me go back to Hunting and are driving to the landowners house. Sucks. Wouldn’t be surprised if I can’t hunt here anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why you take your orange off when you get settled.

Sounds like an anti

• Like 1

My oldest son has been asking to go on a hunt with me this year so yesterday afternoon we headed up to my property in 6G and setup in a field surrounded by thick woods. I had been hunting a nice 8 that I have had camera pics of all year but didnt want to pass on an opportunity to hunt with one of my kids so we setup in a spot where the buck hadnt been seen all year. 

Knowing that the rut was nearing the end, I decided to use a decoy and a little code blue just in case. 

In the field by 2:30. At 4:15 I grunted 5 times and the deer I have been hunting all season runs out of the woods with his nose to the ground and immediately tries to breed my decoy (I guess it wouldnt hurt to have another one....). He dismounted when he was staring down my barrel at 75 yards and dropped in his tracks when the .300 Win Mag barked. 

Sadly, we see very few large deer and by most standards on this site, its probably a less than impressive deer but to my boy and I it was the greatest thing that could have happened to us yesterday. Bonding time and getting a deer that we were specifically targeting.  In a couple months he will be 14 and it will be his time to start sitting with a gun. 

Thankful and blessed!

83FD79DF-6BCA-4065-9267-7826B45EFC89.jpeg

B503C4D0-17D8-4171-AD54-2C4CA2DA1302.jpeg

• Like 33

My oldest son has been asking to go on a hunt with me this year so yesterday afternoon we headed up to my property in 6G and setup in a field surrounded by thick woods. I had been hunting a nice 8 that I have had camera pics of all year but didnt want to pass on an opportunity to hunt with one of my kids so we setup in a spot where the buck hadnt been seen all year. 
Knowing that the rut was nearing the end, I decided to use a decoy and a little code blue just in case. 
In the field by 2:30. At 4:15 I grunted 5 times and the deer I have been hunting all season runs out of the woods with his nose to the ground and immediately tries to breed my decoy (I guess it wouldnt hurt to have another one....). He dismounted when he was staring down my barrel at 75 yards and dropped in his tracks when the .300 Win Mag barked. 
Sadly, we see very few large deer and by most standards on this site, its probably a less than impressive deer but to my boy and I it was the greatest thing that could have happened to us yesterday. Bonding time and getting a deer that we were specifically targeting.  In a couple months he will be 14 and it will be his time to start sitting with a gun. 
Thankful and blessed!
83FD79DF-6BCA-4065-9267-7826B45EFC89.thumb.jpeg.6093cd375d0b5784ecb0a9b98ce2d72f.jpeg
B503C4D0-17D8-4171-AD54-2C4CA2DA1302.thumb.jpeg.c9167106c9c086cff6b17c3d97d504e4.jpeg

Looks like a mighty impressive buck to me! Congratulations and what a great bonding experience you guys.

• Like 4