Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Let’s be honest though when’s the last time you’ve heard of someone getting caught?

Pretty sure it’s a bs fine too. Most baiters who do it knowing it’s illegal don’t have much of a moral compass, so only those that do suffer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

according to this months ny hunting mag they are going to start coming down hard on baiters. They dont want cwd back 

Out all day again, 0 deer seen...

Just letting you all know I am NOT gettikng lazy on you! Just lurking in the shadows reading the posts.

25.06 is coming for a little trip to 3M tomorrow in hopes of a doe, or the monster buck, I saw twice in bow.

Congrats to all that have filled some tags. With one week gone and 24 1/2 hrs. hunting  already I have yet to SEE a deer. Sure hope things pick up soon. Not shooting is one thing but not seeing any or seeing much sign is another.

I know there are some left out there I just have to find them.:scratchhead:

• Like 2

Congrats to all that have filled some tags. With one week gone and 24 1/2 hrs. hunting  already I have yet to SEE a deer. Sure hope things pick up soon. Not shooting is one thing but not seeing any or seeing much sign is another.
You are not alone....this is my worst sights and kills season i can remember. Hope something shows up soon wife wants some jerly

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New neighbor  called...he seems to think someone shot a doe in the head on my lower property and it made it across his new land  to his house land and to the edge of his drive way to die...asked if I'd shot... I haven't shot my gun once this season...asked if he back traced blood and didn't...he has hunters all around him between our line and his...makes no sense...I asked about shot ..back of neck through face.. WTH......I feel like our place is the filling of a steaming  cow patty sandwich

Also not legal to hunt there at all now. Once bait is put down it makes it illegal to hunt that area.  And if your neighbors know you baited they could be fined to  for hunting in a baited area. Liquid is hard to get off a stump. If you remove the  stump and dirt around it then you could probably just it. Better not have a kernel  of corn anywhere  for the warden to find either.

I shot two doe a few years ago on a farm in 3m. When the farm hand heard about my success he said " oh good, I've been dumping some old corn over there so the deer would come." I can just imagine what the conversation with the dec would be if they stopped by....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to this months ny hunting mag they are going to start coming down hard on baiters. They dont want cwd back 

If they were really worried about CWD they would be testing more deer. No doubt we have CWD in this state right now but testing at like 000.1% they will never find it. There is no fence stopping deer from walking out of Pa into Ny state.

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

I'm in the same boat Steve. Been out 8 times in 8F since gun opened, but have only seen 1 fawn. Pathetic! In addition, this is coming off of my worst bow season ever, where I went out 59 times and saw squat...

Edited by Cabin Fever

37 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

In addition, this is coming off of my worst bow season ever, where I went out 59 times and saw squat...

That's worse than me. I got out 30 times during bow but saw quite a few deer. 75 total 23 where bucks for sure but either they were to far away or real small. I have had some rough gun seasons but have never gone this long without seeing one. What really is messing things up here is all the "hunters" out & about. They are hunkering down and not moving unless they have to or are pushed to.

What frustrates me the most is I am not seeing much sign either. I hope to get it figured out but they may win this year which means more for next year I guess.

Strange gun season, we pushed 60 and 40 acres areas that are usually full of deer today (DMFA near Ithaca) and didn’t even see a tail. I’ve seen 2 deer during gun. 72 in bow. Deer are getting smarter!

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 1

My trail cam post of the "Nice 6" is the first daylight deer on my cams in over a week, I have 2 different 8s that are already 2 hours before daylight ...

Crazy year for sure with the warm bow season and the seems non existent rut,, I hunted the same properties for 15 plus years most of them and no rubs scapes in the usual year after year spots..

Cant say why just notice something is not the same ..

34 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Your uncle looks like Neil Young. Also that's an absolute slammer buck!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not a bad buck for the caskill mountains area for sure I wouldn't let him walk ...any guess what he'd score??

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

Dropped my cape of at taxidermist ( Wareham taxidermy on Facebook...) And spotted the whole ride down. Saw alot of 2nd rut activity. Couple different big guys chasing hard. All those that haven't been seeing much or have lost hope, be ready. I think this next week could get real good !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kareem Hunt! Or deer hunt!

When I bowhunt from a blind I watch on phone, but gun hunting I would be out in the open sitting against a tree or rock.

Why not gun hunt from a blind ?